Riley Peak Now Getting Fort Collins Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed that For Collins PD is coming in off Riley's Peak after it just got rebanded. I'll guess will see if it stays that way. LOL

This is pretty cool listening to a town 100 miles away.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Riley Peak has a nice signal for me in S. Greeley.

As far as Ft Collins showing up on metro towers it has to be someone roaming in the metro area. A couple of "secret squirrel" encrypted TG's from my part of the state have been regularly showing themselves on metro area sites in recent weeks.

I'm still wondering who is hanging out from La Junta PD (TG 90) up here. Was hearing them this afternoon on Bald Mtn (Loveland) and earlier in the week on Buckhorn. Not real exciting listening but interesting to be hearing them through out the week.

Phil.

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
scanlist said:
Riley Peak has a nice signal for me in S. Greeley.

As far as Ft Collins showing up on metro towers it has to be someone roaming in the metro area. A couple of "secret squirrel" encrypted TG's from my part of the state have been regularly showing themselves on metro area sites in recent weeks.

I'm still wondering who is hanging out from La Junta PD (TG 90) up here. Was hearing them this afternoon on Bald Mtn (Loveland) and earlier in the week on Buckhorn. Not real exciting listening but interesting to be hearing them through out the week.

Phil.

So the time towers will start broadcasting other pd agencies from 100's of miles away is when a cop from that agency comes down here?

How does that work?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Ryfly said:
So the time towers will start broadcasting other pd agencies from 100's of miles away is when a cop from that agency comes down here?

How does that work?
Yes. The range of the typical DTRS radio (HT or mobile) isn't all that great (that's one reason there are so many towers). So if you're at one end of the state, and you're hearing traffic from a PD at the other end of the state, the reason is because someone from that agency is in your area, and their radio is affiliating with the tower near you. That causes the traffic from that agency to be broadcast over the local tower. When that person turns off their radio, or moves out of your area, you won't hear that agency's traffic anymore.
Clear as mud? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.