Rio grande valley members

Status
Not open for further replies.

al95

Are there any members from the rio grande valley Mcallen to Brownsville Texas.
So we can share frequencies.
Thank-You in advance

KB0VWG

Hey Yeah there is

Hey I live next to the willacy and cameron county line. I have some freqs to share and you.
Michael

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
KB0VWG said:
Hey I live next to the willacy and cameron county line. I have some freqs to share and you.
Michael

You can always submit them to the DB if they are not already there.

al95

Welcome to the scanning family. DO you have any federal frequencies for your region? Can you PM them thanks. Now we have three members from three different counties in RGV and growing i hope. If you are using win95 which is a free programing software for the PRO-95 you need to selected the offset option located at the motorola 800MHZ box. In this box you have two options normal or offset please select the offset option this will stop all of your garbled audio trucked. If using any other software or programming by hand you still need to select the offset option and not the normal option. Please PM me if you need more help. I will do my research on this radio when I get home. Let me know if the above info helps you solve your issue.

Last edited:

al95

AS answered in the PRO-95 Garbled audio Trunked forum . You need to set this motorola system to an offset option. All of the RGV trunking frequencies need to be set as a offset option. If you use win95 programing software which is free and it is faster to program your radio. In win95 you select channels from the top option. Then you enter your frequency , then you select the RX mode which will be Mot. Enter all of the city 5 frequencies. when you are finish entering frequencies go to motorola 800MHZ box there you will see two options one of them is for normal and the other is the offset option. You need to select the offset option. This will solve your issuse you are having. I had to download the owners manual to read about it. This is how you do it by hand and it is easier press pgm then trunk then press func select your desire bank or the bank you have the trunking frequencies store now press func then 3 using the up and down arrow now you will see a normal option press the down arrow to select the offset option then press enter and you are all setup

rgvscnr

Hello,

Question about a specific freq. I programmed 155.94000 as the only one shown for one of the local PDs (La Joya PD). I can hear it, but is garbled. Also, anywhere I can get more info as when a freq. is AM, FM, FMN, FMW? I'm using Scancat-Lite with my Pro-95.

Thanks.

al95

Hello,

Question about a specific freq. I programmed 155.94000 as the only one shown for one of the local PDs (La Joya PD). I can hear it, but is garbled. Also, anywhere I can get more info as when a freq. is AM, FM, FMN, FMW? I'm using Scancat-Lite with my Pro-95.

Thanks.

I got info. from the pro-106 owners manual:

25.000 - 29.505 MHz is AM
29.510 - 54.000 MHz is FM
108.000 - 136.9916MHz is AM
137.000 - 224.995 is FM
225.000 - 379.99375 is AM
380.000 - 1300.000 is FM

I hope this helps you. http://support.radioshack.com/support_tutorials/communications/scanner-11.htm

Last edited:

wilcomister

Hello,

Thanks.

La Joya PD is using Analog Inversion.

dsvm2005

La Joya Pd

i currently get la joya pd on 155.9400 I live in Edcouch tx the only time i am able to hear them is when i am in mcallen or the west side of edinburg. I currently have the Pro-97 scanner maybe looking to get the pro-106 Did hear that edinburg pd and Pharr pd is switching over to P25 thats excited. I had previously the pro-106 but returned it since I was not able to hear them and that was the reason i got it for but like I said i am glad about the switch from them

Hopefully this helps.

al95

i currently get la joya pd on 155.9400 I live in Edcouch tx the only time i am able to hear them is when i am in mcallen or the west side of edinburg. I currently have the Pro-97 scanner maybe looking to get the pro-106 Did hear that edinburg pd and Pharr pd is switching over to P25 thats excited. I had previously the pro-106 but returned it since I was not able to hear them and that was the reason i got it for but like I said i am glad about the switch from them

Hopefully this helps.

I will input that frequency sometimes i'm able to here Mcallen and surrounding towns with my pro-106 here in Brownsville.

dsvm2005

yeah i get mcallen but i dont like it since i get alot of noise in some frequencies from them so i just lock them out. i only hear S O east and west. weslaco, san juan , edinburg fire, elsa, donna, and if i am close enough i get the border patrol, mission pd, la joya, alton,

Havent tried brownsville I have tried to get cameron county but no luck do you happen to have their frequency?

al95

yeah i get mcallen but i dont like it since i get alot of noise in some frequencies from them so i just lock them out. i only hear S O east and west. weslaco, san juan , edinburg fire, elsa, donna, and if i am close enough i get the border patrol, mission pd, la joya, alton,

Havent tried brownsville I have tried to get cameron county but no luck do you happen to have their frequency?

For Camerom County freq. for Olmito are:
856.1500 861.1500
857.1500 862.1500
858.1500 863.1500
859.1500 864.1500
860.1500 865.1500
For Port Isabel are

al95

Brownsville,TX Having trouble with radios

I live in Brownsville. I have been scanning since I was 15 years old. Now the 800 trunking system that I only heard city works and public safety talk is being over taken by the nextel phones. This problem started around two weeks ago with one channel I only heard spanish speaking people saying alot of foul language. Now it has gone up to five channels or IDS. Will this force the city to rebanded their radios frequencies.

texasboy1990

Howdy guys, sorry I am a little late to the game but I saw this post and thought id chime in. I am from the Palmview area and currently have been using a HT HAM radio to scan analog channels. I have been able to pick up Hidalgo S.O., Alton, Star County SO at times, and a few random transitions on the valley interop channels (occasionally get DPS 108 in the air). Since most of the departments have gone to P25, I was looking for some guidance to start picking up more departments and transmissions. In my neck of the woods their is a lot of police activity ranging across all agencies. To me its important to know whats going on in my area just from a safety stand point. I do have a basic knowledge of radio use but any guidance would be much appreciated, if i could pick up DPS, county, and the surrounding locals id be happy. Im on a budget, but am open to suggestions for a real scanner, my HT really is limited. So any and all help would be welcome, thanks in advanced for any help I hope to hear from some of yall soon.

al95

The only scanner available today will be BCD396XT handheld or BCD996XT base version. The maker of the Pro-106 (PSR-500) handheld and the PSR-900(Pro-197)base has gone out of business and was brought by Whistler the makers of radar detectors and might start producing some scanner in the first quarter of 2014 that is what I have read in some forums

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

al95 said:
If you dont mind posting them. I live in Cameron County in Brownsville.
Thanks

I live in Brownsville the border patrol used to be good to hear but they went to p25 digital you can't hear anything now,if you understand Spanish there's a lot to hear, good luck de kb5zcs.............

starwtc

Dps is hardly heard most all traffic is CAD, the new Rio Grand P25 system is running, and new talk groups are going active and lots of testing. Med dispatch is using the system a lot but most reports to hospitals are encrypted. Harlingen PD is simulcast on the new system and in the clear for now. There is still a lot of analog channels for the area and as far as a radio 996xt makes a great base unit, easy to program and excellent receive quality.

al95

I do hear a lot of CBP calls but are now in p25 frequencies as for DPS I can hear them but not as much as before. Si saber espanol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.