RISCON south zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse175

I’m picking up traffic intermittently. I’m very close to one of the simulcast sites. At times I’m hearing tons of traffic. At other times I pick up nothing.

I can only assume this means they frequently are using a secondary frequency for control. I only have the primary control channel programmed. Going to try later programming the secondary controls channels in but was curious if anyone has any insight.

Thanks

ecps92

It might not be that you are missing the ALT CC, but do add it anyway.

Have you experimented with the Antenna ? Attenuation, adding a Beam or even reducing the antenna [paper clip] - keep in mind the system is a Simulcast P25 and it could be competing signals arriving wiping each other out.

I’m picking up traffic intermittently. I’m very close to one of the simulcast sites. At times I’m hearing tons of traffic. At other times I pick up nothing.

I can only assume this means they frequently are using a secondary frequency for control. I only have the primary control channel programmed. Going to try later programming the secondary controls channels in but was curious if anyone has any insight.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.