Riverside County

Status
Not open for further replies.

conve36

New to scanning here, had a Pro-97 for a couple months...then lost it somewhere for a couple months. Decided to go out and buy another one and here I am with the Pro-164.

I listen to the County Sheriffs EDACS and is crystal clear pretty much anywhere I go. And that is with my stock antenna, but CHP and FIRE come in horrible. Looking for something like a mobile/indoor antenna (which I will only use at home) just to help with reception. Nothing that has to be installed. I am moving into a condo in a month so cant have outside antennas.

Does anyone know of a good place here in Riverside County that I can purchase a better antenna for my scanner today? Radio Shack is down the street also, any advice?

I am located near Menifee and Lake Elsinore.

Thanks!

P.S. I always see this house near me that has a tower and looks like HAM/Scanner maybe. It is in Sun City by Stater Brothers, Rite-Aid and Albertsons. You can see it easily if driving down Newport Rd towards Canyon Lake. (Just curious if that person is one here)

Cokeswigga

conve36 said:
Does anyone know of a good place here in Riverside County that I can purchase a better antenna for my scanner today? Radio Shack is down the street also, any advice?

P.S. I always see this house near me that has a tower and looks like HAM/Scanner maybe. It is in Sun City by Stater Brothers, Rite-Aid and Albertsons. You can see it easily if driving down Newport Rd towards Canyon Lake. (Just curious if that person is one here)

I found that the magnetic mount antenna from radio shack works pretty well for picking up the CHP and Fire even inside my house. This is what I use when listening in my house, So it should work pretty well in your condo.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...Type/Scanner/HAM&fbc=1&parentPage=family

or if you want a permanent antenna that you can put out on your balcony:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...Type/Scanner/HAM&fbc=1&parentPage=family

Status
Not open for further replies.