Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I cant even recall if there is anyone in this forum from the Rochester area since i moved out of there... maybe one or two others, but Ive been wrong before...

I another somewhat similar but different note, I was thinking of creating a Wiki article for those of us in MN that goes over the MN members of RR and what county they live in or counties they are well versed in or topics like ARMER or Ham that they are competent in discussion of and perhaps hardware they use... The idea being that if you have a question about something specific, you could ask them directly or if a question isn't getting answered in the forums, perhaps they may not check them on a regular basis, they can be PM'd or emailed and answers can be gotten that way...

I do recognize that the whole idea of the forums is to get your questions out there and make them visible so everyone can learn and that this could potentially hurt that system, so if you think that would be the case, please let me know...

I though it might look something like this:
mmtstc - Anoka County - Metro, Central, SE and South central MN - ARMER, BCD396T, BCD396XT, RS Pro 2096 Moto HT1250

would this be useless or useful, i am conflicted...

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I could see this as being helpfull.. Like you said, it would be easyer to directly contact someone if you see they use a certain scanner, radio, pager, ect... Or monitor certain, So if you have a question you can directly contact someone who monitors them or has the equipment to monitor them.. And so on..

And if you can't find someone from the Wiki article that would be able to help.. Post it in the general MN fourm..

Then I could see someone is from Rochester or the area, and instead of starting a thread PM that person(s) first..

I'm not sure what needs to be done to make a new Wiki page.. But i'd say go ahead and do it, than make a post in the fourm to inform the rest of the MN RR members..

You could also make a poll for voting before staring a Wiki..

Good Idea!
fwfdengine2

sfd119

I really don't think it'd be a good idea...you would start to have a lot of people ask you for help. I did that when I was doing SHOUTcast @ Winamp forums and it gets really bad, really fast.

The purpose of the forum is so that everyone can chime in...if they are all going to you and you don't answer quick enough, what difference have you made?

I don't know, I just think having it out there is the best way...otherwise you'd get overwhelemd.

But, as fwfdengine2 said, a new thread should be made so we arn't hi-jacking this one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.