Rockaway Twp Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
Downloaded Rockaway Twp frequencies from Sentinel. Police & Fire Operations both use the same frequency & Color Code. Only difference is one is in slot 1 other slot 2 and the talk group is different, service setting as well. Problem is with the Sentinel download it does not properly program this. You get police activity on the fire operations channel. Need help in manually changing this.

W2SJW

Database Admin
You will have to program that manually as a 'DMR One Frequency Trunk' system.

Import this HPE file into a favorite list called 'TEMP', then append the system inside it to your main favorite list.

Once you have the system appended to your own list, feel free to comepletely delete the temporary 'TEMP' favorite list so that you don't accidentally upload it into your scanner.

Attachments

• Rockaway Township.zip
    666 bytes · Views: 16

rangers38

Premium Subscriber

Import this HPE file into a favorite list called 'TEMP', then append the system inside it to your main favorite list.

Once you have the system appended to your own list, feel free to comepletely delete the temporary 'TEMP' favorite list so that you don't accidentally upload it into your scanner.
Thanks for the help. Got it programmed in.
Why does the Sentinel programming not work for this?

rangers38

Premium Subscriber

I have the same issues with Pequannock programing their DMR system with Sentinel.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Grab the ZIP file with all my favorite lists in it via the link in my signature. In there, near the bottom of my 'New Jersey' HPE file is a system labeled 'Public Safety DMR'. It's got all North Jersey DMR agencies that aren't encrypted in there already fully set-up & tested...

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
Grab the ZIP file with all my favorite lists in it via the link in my signature. In there, near the bottom of my 'New Jersey' HPE file is a system labeled 'Public Safety DMR'. It's got all North Jersey DMR agencies that aren't encrypted in there already fully set-up & tested...
Thanks. I actually did that earlier today. List is very extensive. I loaded the Pequannock DMR into my 536. I still have problems with the police dispatch, don’t get the transmission. I was monitoring a live feed on the RR site, and my unit wasn’t picking up the transmissions being broadcast. I know they have RAS on that band. Not sure how the live feed was getting it? With the regular Sentinel download I occasionally pick them up. Any ideas on that? Not sure how the live feed was getting it?

W2SJW

Database Admin
After recent testing, only the SDS100 and 200 will really handle the RAS with little issue at all (proved it already with my 100 on a recent trip to Riverdale).

The 436 and 536 are going to be about 80-90% luck on a clean decode. If the live stream is being run off an SDR device, DSD+ ignores the RAS completely.

RocketNJ

I've compared the 436 to my SDS100 on Pequannock and the SDS does much better but still not 100%, More like around 95%. Seems if the channel is inactive it may miss the first transmission, especially short transmissions.

Compared to one of their Motorola radios which decode 100%.

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
I've compared the 436 to my SDS100 on Pequannock and the SDS does much better but still not 100%, More like around 95%. Seems if the channel is inactive it may miss the first transmission, especially short transmissions.

Compared to one of their Motorola radios which decode 100%.

How well do you pick up the FD channels?

RocketNJ

I receive the Pequannock FD channels fine but they are not very active. They still get paged out over their old analog channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.