Rockbridge P25 phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexmedic157

I'm sure I could get all the TG's, but I'm a little gun shy about listing everything. I don't have a problem with submitting for F/R as I've had most of my hand in that, but for LE, I don't want to step on toes.

lexmedic157

A little update, working through some firmware issues, the change-over date is still on for April 12. The rest of the system in-services for the users will finish up soon and everyone will have their radios. Expect some more traffic on the system as users are testing and learning the system. It appears that for those that have been using it so far, they appear quite impressed with the reception and capability of the system.

kc4jgc

Will the system start in Phase 1 mode or will it go straight to Phase 2 mode?

Also, curious if JMU police has plans to join the system or will they stay on their conventional repeater....

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

lexmedic157

Will the system start in Phase 1 mode or will it go straight to Phase 2 mode?

Also, curious if JMU police has plans to join the system or will they stay on their conventional repeater....

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

It will be phase 2 out the gate. The only time it will be phase 1 is if a medevac helicopter drops the talkgroup to phase 1 or a mobile repeater is activated which will drop a talkgroup to phase 1.

kc4jgc

It will be phase 2 out the gate. The only time it will be phase 1 is if a medevac helicopter drops the talkgroup to phase 1 or a mobile repeater is activated which will drop a talkgroup to phase 1.

Thanks for the info..... Oh, and DOH! Lexington, not Harrisonburg. For some reason I always get Rockbridge and Rockingham switched up in my mind....

lexmedic157

Thanks for the info..... Oh, and DOH! Lexington, not Harrisonburg. For some reason I always get Rockbridge and Rockingham switched up in my mind....

Lol. Yeah Lexington Rockbridge. Still on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
A lot more activity including adding Commlink to the system. Heard them radio testing with VSP Appomattox and a STARS RM guy. Also spent all day linking Salem 2 to the system.

They also broadcast their analog system on the TRS one afternoon.

Added some more talk groups this last week also. They've been testing the fire tone outs too.

Confusing as the tones go out on dispatch but then a patch activates immediately after the tones and the actual voice dispatch seems to only go out on the patch talk group. No voice audio on dispatch.

While the one unit was testing the other said he was receiving it on the alert talk group but I saw no evidence of that on the data decoded or on the scanner so I don't know. Strange.

For those into the Unication G5 pagers. The Phase 2 pagers are out. Rockbridge has them and has been testing them. Two guys were playing with them last week and happy about it. More on are the way for them.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
All night the LE analog has been patched to the new TRS and broadcasting for anyone interested.

Oh as an aside for those with the new Unication P2 pagers they are going to keep doing fire tone outs on both analog and digital after the TRS goes live.

Owners of this pager will probably understand this but FYI

The analog tones can't be in the same group as the digital tones or it won't work. They said even though the tones were supposed to be the same there was enough of a difference that it wouldn't work in the same group.

They found that out while testing the new pagers and the system with test tones.

Also it looks like the private talk groups in the 9200 series are matching up with the alert talk groups in the 9300 series. I've only confirmed a few but so far 9302 matches with 9202 as an example.

The issue is there are more 9300 series talk groups than 9200 at the moment. So either more 9200 series talk groups are going to show up or something will end up not matching or being there on the 9200 series at some point.

lexmedic157

This difference in numbers between the series is due to one dept doing fire and rescue, having a page for fire and one for EMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lexmedic157

The dispatch channel will be patched in to the new system. Those with old pagers will be notified. 3 analog repeaters will remain online in case outside jurisdictions do mutual aid

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
The dispatch channel will be patched in to the new system. Those with old pagers will be notified. 3 analog repeaters will remain online in case outside jurisdictions do mutual aid

Frequencies?
CTCSS tones?

The reason I asked, when Amherst County migrated to trunking, the old Sheriff Department repeater (155.520 MHz, 192.8 Hz) was re-purposed for this role, not any of the old Fire or EMS frequencies.

lexmedic157

Frequencies?
CTCSS tones?

The reason I asked, when Amherst County migrated to trunking, the old Sheriff Department repeater (155.520 MHz, 192.8 Hz) was re-purposed for this role, not any of the old Fire or EMS frequencies.

I’ll make the adjustment on the website on or just after April 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.