Rockbridge P25 phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexmedic157

All 8000 series TG are LE operational; the 8100 series TGs are administrative or patching TGs. All 9000 series are F/R; all 9200 are F/R private TGs; all 9300 TGs are for F/R paging. I may have made a misprint for that change for JO3. But all medevacs are done through an analog to P25 patch (typically the Brushy analog repeater) to whatever TG the main units are using. I’ll review the change and resubmit.

Last edited:

lexmedic157

Also, swift water, though originally slated to have its own TG (i.e technical rescue, etc) in actuality have been assigned normal everyday F/R TGs by the dispatchers.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I have 65*** as patching with some seeming dedicated patch talk groups in the 8000 series as well such as 8017,8018, and 8019.

I've seen the analog patched into fire groups before as well as other groups. I don't know what to think about the Glasgow 1 as I've heard them repeatedly on that talk group and heard units as well as dispatch sending or patching talk groups to it. 8102 is what shows up when referenced by such. Fire units have even requested Glasgow 1 be patched into their ops talk group which I've seen plenty of times again using the 65*** series patching.

The Swift Water Rescue was as I said something where fire was dispatched and as the dispatch went out Swift Water Rescue was one of the dispatched parties. When the dispatch under the 65*** patch was done this new talk group I hadn't seen before (8104) had popped up each time I heard a dispatch so I thought it was an alert talk group for them. Never seen it any other time. On DSDPlus the 65*** patch lists all patched talk groups of the dispatch tone out. So Comp 2-9303, Rescue 3-9304, Comp 11-9305, and 8104 would show up when the dispatch was comp 2, rescue 3, comp 11 and swift water rescue.

I'm curious why helos aren't directly on the TRS. I know they have the capability as I've heard helos on Bedford's system and in their system the Landing zone talk groups are phase 2. They have two dedicated helo talk groups on their system. LZ North and LZ South if I remember.

Anyway thanks for the updated info on things, it makes figuring out stuff much easier than trying to piece it together from this and that.

lexmedic157

You are correct that 65001-65200 are system assigned IDs that will pop up when dispatching F/R and BOLs for LE. The F/R side of things are dispatched in a stack which includes Dispatch TG, a page TG and an analog page. When you heard them talking about Glasgow 1, that was early on before some of the analog repeaters were taken off line, particularly a mountain search and rescue. I remember that call. Currently, the only analog repeaters in service are the North, Brushy, and South repeaters.

Dispatch now only gives the helos Brushy (old Brushy 1 analog) to patch 8102 into whatever TG the landing zone coordination is occurring on. We’re still working on getting their radios connected into our system directly, so in the meantime, that’s the way it will be.

Originally, all tech rescue was slated to use Spec Ops 1, as was the helos, but it really hasn’t happened that way so the dispatcher typically just assigns Ops 2-6.

Currently, Ops1 is only for working or assigned structure fires, Ops2 is for EMS, and Ops3 is for single resource incidents like MVCs, trees down, fire alarms, etc. In the portable radios Ops1 is in channel 1 and 16 for fireground safety. All the other apps TG are assigned at the dispatchers discretion to offset the load from a single TG.

lexmedic157

For an update on the helicopters on the Rockbridge system. I am trying to get them on, but they only have P25 ability in 800mhz currently. I’m attempting to convey to them the need to upgrade as Allegheny and possibly other counties are going to P25 on UHF. We’ll see what happens.

KVABUENA2

Anyone wanna update what I just read in the local paper about all our channels going the you know what soon?
I mean I just paid for a $350 scanner and now its going to be useless.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
From the Article looks like ALL Pd transmissions will be encrypted, , Only certain Fire Tg's will be, Like Amb to Hospital comms and joint Ops channels. Interesting

KVABUENA2

From the Article looks like ALL Pd transmissions will be encrypted, , Only certain Fire Tg's will be, Like Amb to Hospital comms and joint Ops channels. Interesting

I'm not overly happy here... I mean scanner will still work for a few things but local PD was a mainstay.
Makes no sense considering how expensive the scanners are now and maybe only a hand full of people have them. The local PD's are not broadcast on apps as far as I know since again it takes some knownhow and someone local to do it.
I'm considering options to get someone involved to prevent it but not sure the route I need to go without spending a fortune or have name plastered all over the place.

huntsman2

That's the problem it is broadcast on an app that any smartphone can get and makes very easy for anyone to listen.
Rockbridge County Sheriff, Fire and EMS, Lexington Police Dispatch Live Audio Feed

I'm not overly happy here... I mean scanner will still work for a few things but local PD was a mainstay.
Makes no sense considering how expensive the scanners are now and maybe only a hand full of people have them. The local PD's are not broadcast on apps as far as I know since again it takes some knownhow and someone local to do it.
I'm considering options to get someone involved to prevent it but not sure the route I need to go without spending a fortune or have name plastered all over the place.

KVABUENA2

That rebroadcast is by them themselves... it was even posted here that they were the ones that set it up.
They basically did that to fuel their own desire to cut out those like myself that listen for a hobby.
I have no doubt that was the case all along.

huntsman2

No you are WRONG. The County only streams fire and rescue. The other stream is not the county and has the Sheriff on it. There are two streams listed on this site.
That rebroadcast is by them themselves... it was even posted here that they were the ones that set it up.
They basically did that to fuel their own desire to cut out those like myself that listen for a hobby.
I have no doubt that was the case all along.

KVABUENA2

No you are WRONG. The County only streams fire and rescue. The other stream is not the county and has the Sheriff on it. There are two streams listed on this site.

Ok still the issue is there with the sheriff and local PD's... there are only a hand full at most due to the costs of people that even have a scammer to pick them up. Most that even listened were older people that can't now anyway. Even if I'm wrong..right or whatever doesn't excuse the situation.
Not sure how I'll drum up support to hold it off or stop it but looking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.