rockland county p25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonies

Does anyone have an update on this system?? According to what I hear this system should have been operational 6months ago??!! Has budget constraints halted it?? Or has it been shelved??

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The answer is the same as the one you got in the other thread you made a few months ago:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88290

See, unlike a lot of other people who rushed their systems into operation, Rockland has learned from their mistakes and is taking the time to make sure the system is done right the first time. The funds have all been approved, there is no budget issue. No, it has not been "shelved", it is very much full steam ahead.

moonies

whats the brain surgery involved in getting the system on-line?? The reply I got SEVERAL WEEKS ago prompted me to re-ask!! Waiting to constuct the system right?? If the frequencies were approved and licensed,if the actual portables and base radios have been chosen,and there are no problems in funding/zoning or locations of tower sites,then whats the hold-up???????

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah, sure pal. :roll:

Last edited:

SCANdal

Silent Key
What's the rush?

moonies,

I suspect you're looking at this strictly from the hobbyist's perspective. Being that you are all the way out on the Island, can I ask why all the anxiety over the rollout of this system?

SCANdal

moonies

sure,no anxiety just an interest in listening to something digital with all the money I spent in equipment,thats all!! May I ask what is all the over protectiveness in asking about this system. The fact I live ALL the way in long island shouldnt matter why I am interested in this particular system. unless yonkers or greenburgh keys up and once in a while suffolf pd has a digital talkgroup flare up there is not a digital system where I can judge wether or not spending 500.00 for the gre was worth it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No "over protectiveness", you just don't seem to comprehend that it takes time to properly build up a system like this from SCRATCH. I don't know who you're talking to that says it should've been operational 6 months ago, but whoever that source is, they clearly have no clue what they're talking about. Perhaps you don't realize the scope of this system in so far as how many agencies it affects, how many different sites need to be built and what leases/contracts need to be secured for all of this to happen, but it IS happening as I write this response. If you want to crack wise about it taking "brain surgery" go right ahead. No one can stop you from asking the same question over and over, but you're going to get the same answer: When the system is ready, it will go online, not a moment sooner.

moonies

seems like the anxiety is with YOU!! Wise cracks?? lets just leave it with the understanding which by the way, I know its MASSIVE for coverage and all that legal stuff. I also know that asking a question twice in that period of time doesnt qualify fo asking it over and over!!!!!! Does it??????

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
metal-lock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.