Rocky Mount Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Been going through Rocky Mount for work recently so I added the Rocky Mount Trunked system in my TRX-1. Loaded it directly from the library. It's stopping on the talk group, but I'm not hearing any audio.

Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks

drayd48

Been going through Rocky Mount for work recently so I added the Rocky Mount Trunked system in my TRX-1. Loaded it directly from the library. It's stopping on the talk group, but I'm not hearing any audio.

Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks

Scanners have trouble on P25 systems with multisites and you are probably experiencing multisite distortion. It is very common with the type of scanner that you are using

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Scanners have trouble on P25 systems with multisites and you are probably experiencing multisite distortion. It is very common with the type of scanner that you are using

Rocky Mount isn't a P25 system. It's a Motorola Type 2.

reconrider8

And I don't believe it's multidirectional either. My pro 106 works fine. Is it just 1 tgid that it stops on quiet or what?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
No it was several talk groups, didn't hear any. Unfortunately I'm not there enough to spend time testing it. I'm just wondering if it loaded wrong band plan or audio type (though I'd assume it's digital).

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I just loaded it from the library on EZ Scan, I'm not sure.

kc4jgc

Reconrider8 is correct; it's Motorola type 2 analog. As long as the control freqs are programmed it should work fine. I was last in Rocky Mount a couple months ago; had no trouble.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys headed that way Tuesday and will try again, but it definitely wouldn't work last week

reconrider8

make sure you have all the ac's programmed also i think they do roll ccs from time to time and check the band plan and ust check that it is correct

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
make sure you have all the ac's programmed also i think they do roll ccs from time to time and check the band plan and ust check that it is correct
It loads as default trunking tables and type II fleetmaps, is there a custom band plan I should be using? Really appreciate your help.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Okay thanks guys headed up that way Tuesday hope I have it in okay

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for all the input you guys gave me, it certainly helped and today I was able to hear the Rocky Mount system. Noticed there are a number of unidentified TGIDs for this system as my wildcard kept getting hits. Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to log them or identify them as I was driving.

On a related note, also got the Tarboro system to work. Turns out the CC for the system has changed and is now 858.2375, is listed as voice channel in RR database. Also came across two unidentified TGIDs there, 048 is PD Car to Car, 304 sounded like sanitation crews.

Again, thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.