Rocky Ridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought but I didn't hear anything during the fire today, CH6 said Rocky Ridge was on the scene with Birmingham. Could be my location and/or the 800Mhz antenna I'm using - it's pretty much deaf on VHF.

davidsc

Unless things have changed, Rocky Ridge is dispatched by Hoover so try 154.055. If I recall correctly, the Rocky Ridge units are Engine 9 and Rescue 36.

That would explain a lot. I don't monitor that area regularly, just when something major happens like today. I saw a rescue/transport unit with "36" on it on the FOX-6 news, didn't think Birmingham had a rescue 36. Thanks!

scanbob

If I am not mistaken these numbers will be changing soon when hoover puts their new Sta.9 in service in a couple of months

Is Station 9 replacing Rocky Ridge? I'm not familiar with that area, just curious. I know there used to be a Fire District out on Amber Hills Road about 15 years ago - East Jefferson or something like that and it was replaced by Birmingham Fire Station #31 if I'm not mistaken.

scanrfan

Rocky Ridge

The Rocky Ridge/Hoover Sta 9 is located on Rocky Ridge Rd just off Acton Rd and visible from I 459. Don't know where the new Hoover Sta 9 will be located.

davidsc

For the last week or two, I've heard Hoover Fire Alarm dispatching Engine 39 and Rescue 36 together. Then today, I happened to hear both morning and evening radio tests. Stations 1 thru 8 responded but no Station 9...Station 8 was followed by Station 39.

This sounds like Rocky Ridge has changed from Station 9 to Station 39, and I suppose the new Hoover station will then take over the Station 9 designation when it goes on line. Anyone know for sure?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.