• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Roger Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqs

How many like the sound of Roger Beeps ?
I found a 5 tone Roger Beeps kit for my 148 .
This kit sounds cool but I am not sure if I want it in my radio .Just want some thoughts from some of the other people that may still be into CB .

Last edited:

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
This kit sounds cool but I am not sure if I want it in my radio .Just want some thoughts from some of the other people that may still be into CB .

Annoying as hell, Can't stand to talk to people that have them.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber

They're ok to me as long as it doesn't play a song or anything (I've heard that before) or it doesn't play for like 5 seconds after you unkey. Not a huge fan of the multi-tone either, rather have it just one tone or nothing at all.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's just another useless toy, if you need a tone to indicate end of transmission you can't hear the transmission in the first place. End of post. <beep>

There was only one "good" beep: from a Browning Golden Eagle, and it was useless but classy. There is no purpose to it, so a "roger d" beep takes away from your message. Worse is an "echo box." I can't understand a damned thing anyone with one of those says. Wanna save some money and sound like you're checked out? Just say "over" before you unkey your mic and belay the beep.

reedeb

Roger beeps were designed [ I believe ] for sideband transmissions. I never let the beeps bother me.There are more things like having someone key up over everyone else cause they know that by running all the extra power that they don't need they can walk over everyone else and play mr bigboy.

kb2vxa

Banned
"There was only one "good" beep: from a Browning Golden Eagle, and it was useless but classy."

You're confusing a roger beep with the classic Browning ping. Great radios but that annoying ping was bad enough on the air but being audible feedback it drove the operator nuts. You'd be surprised how many brought them into my shop for "de-pinging" and walked out happy little clams after dropping a $20 bill on the counter.

Interesting you brought that up, at the time there were none of those infernal roger beeps, echo mics or other dumb sh** noise makers. We just wanted to talk, not act like idiots.

"Roger beeps were designed [ I believe ] for sideband transmissions."

They were designed for dipsticks who can't pronounce "tain-fur?".

Last edited:

ipfd320

Banned
roger beeps

i myself as a hammie like the low tone short beep once only,as for the post a few up-yes sir the president lincoln 2510 excellent rig,did alot of dx,in runnin a bit over stock with no juice behind

Bob_61

Roger beeps were designed [ I believe ] for sideband transmissions. I never let the beeps bother me.There are more things like having someone key up over everyone else cause they know that by running all the extra power that they don't need they can walk over everyone else and play mr bigboy.

This is a little off subject, but some info behind "Roger Beep".ORIGINS OF HAMSPEAK, CQ, 73, DX, etc.

SCPD

QRT
I've got a galaxy77 with a roger beep the only thing I did was shortened it to sound like a HR2510 not bad or annoying. I did have the 5tone box years back and I will admit it was cool. I did have a 2510 probly the best radio I ever had. modded with a (modulation kit) cutting the dead key and letting it swing like no tomarrow worked awsome with the big box it ran. modulation kit = volting the final or pnp mod it's all good

Last edited:

gewecke

Banned
Got a roger beep? I got a BIG hammer!! :evil:

n9zas

ZigZag747

I picked up a nice box that keeps me from having to let someone open up my radio and messing anything up...it's from redmancb.com, simply plug your mic into it and plug the box into your mic plug and add power...many to choose from...he make them himself, even has echo and record features built into some of his boxes...little expensive when it comes to the additional features but keeps knuckle heads from messing up your radios installing additional sound cards in your radio...I like the roger beep as long as it's not too crazy! We've all heard the crazy one's...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.