Rogue radio on Cobb DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Earlier this afternoon, there was a civilian talking on the Cobb County DTRS emergency fire channel (TG 30222). CCFD Car 104 started talking with the person trying to get their address and where they were. The user didn't speak too good English (south of the border). I finally had to go in the house, so I don't know what happened. Anyone else hear them? He was on around 1930.

I'm sure TR wasn't too happy about this!

kg4ciu

sounds more like a fire fighter left his radio at the amigo restaurant-
not every body buys their scanners from downtown

kk4eb

Squad 4 finally recovered the radio around 9pm. Quite amusing. They were apparently pushing all the buttons on the radio and creating havoc by jumping from the emergency channel to Fireground 5 and others.

kk4eb

It was not a rogue radio, but a legitimate CCFD radio assigned to Engine 4 that was apparently dropped on Atlanta road. An innocent bystander picked up the radio and in broken english said "hello hello - hey my friend I found this radio in the street".

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure whoever lost that radio won't hear the end of it for quite awhile.

If that happened here, the person who lost the radio would be ribbed for ages. :)

Sent from my iPhone.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Yeah, I heard it was an FD radio as well. I THOUGHT I had most all of the radio ID's for CCFD in my 396XT, but this one wasn't and it just showed an ID#.

Yeah, that FF, or even LT is going to catch flack about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.