Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyChuck

Hello everybody, Wayne here from island county. I started with SWLing about 7 years ago with a grundig s450dlx and a couple small radio shack models, attempted to get into CB but didn't want to run illegally so I just got keyed over all the time (not in WA). Then i got a bc246t and been monitoring that for a few years. I just finished the amateur technician class and am waiting to take my test. Also, I like to build antennas, ham will give me reason to build more! Happy to be here.

WApolicescanboy

Premium Subscriber
Hello from the land of south king county.

Yes that forgotten red headed step child known as ValleyCom :p.

I started listening at the age of 14 with RS 163 and RS 164 in the lovely land of south Snohomish County. Was always fascinated with radio traffic and scanners. I have since upgraded to having two BCT15Xs, GRE PSR-500, two BCD396XTs, BCD436HP, YAESU FT-7900R, Motorola MTS2000 and XTS3000.

They are all used in the effort of freelance photojournalism. It is a nice way to mix extra money and my hobbies.

SupSupDog

I have a bct15 but ever since wsp went digital I haven't been using my scanner.

keep deciding if I want to go digital. was going to invest in a apx8000 if I ever took the cert class for ham but scanning on that is pretty complicated and my adhd flares up now and again

adder559

Hi, Ed from north Seattle here, longtime reader of the website and forums but just decided to signup to start adding and talking with the bulletin board. Got some uniden scanners, even back to some of the Radioshack models, looking at the Dmr freqs around the city now with the new software

ddb

Premium Subscriber
David here. I live on top of the hill in West Seattle. My current set of active scanners would be the BCD536, BCD436, BC125AT, and a brand new SDS100 (with the big battery). I also have a bunch of older stuff around here somewhere -- PRO-2006, PRO-2035, AOR-8200mk2, and some other Radio Shack scanners.

I do some SWL with an ICF-2010, and play with SDR (a few RTL sticks, a couple of AirSpy boxes, as well as the original RSP1 and a HackRF).

Mostly I listen to police and sheriff, but I find it fun to listen to marine and air traffic.

I've been scanning since the PRO-2006 was new -- I missed out on the age of crystals.

ashleyct3

Ash
Premium Subscriber
Hey, Ash here from Graham, WA. I have been monitoring since the mid-80s. I currently Use A Alinco DX-R8 for HF, a SDS100 and a BCD436HP for scanning. I have several other radios, but these are my primary devices. If you are nearby or in Pierce or King county, PM me so that we can share information. Take Care

kc1028

Living in Spanaway now. Been using scanners since the Pro-79. When Pierce went digital bought first HP436. Just got another for Christmas as I "thought" old beat up one had died. Turns out the damn card was just bad. So now I have 2 :)

KenLayton

Ken from Olympia. My scanners are old but reliable cause we are still mostly analog around here except for WSP.
I have a BC8500XLT (with CTCSS option installed) base station which is what I use the most. I also have a PRO-2042 which has 535 board installed and Probe software on my old win 98 laptop. For handhelds I use my BC200xlt mostly and a Radio Shack Pro-51 as an emergency backup.

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
Devon here from Wenatchee area, forgot to report in here when I stopped being a lurker and decided to interact more. Nice to see others from this neck of the woods too. I currently have a HP-2 (car now) and new SDS200 (base) with a DPD Omni X antenna. Mainly listen to police/fire but now with DMR and NXDN capabilities I'm enjoying listening to more digital traffic on business/transportation/schools systems. Happy scanning everybody.

RFE01

I'm Ryan from the south end of Snohomish County. Been listening to scanners and radios for several years and own multiple radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.