• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ronald McDonald vs. Burger King

bharvey2

Never been much of a fan of "eat it and beat" restaurants as my dad used to call them.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Yeah, I grow quite tired of them myself. I'd say Carl's Jr would be a little better depending on management. We have Sonic here as well and they're alright. Culvers is decent as well as Steak and Shake. Never been to a Five Guys yet. I really wish we had an In 'n Out though. Living in California I miss that place.

But by far the best damn fast food restaurant I have ever been to was a popular place that came about in Chicago called Portillos. Pretty good Italian beefs and Chicago hot dogs. There's another place in Chicago called Al's, that serve Italian beefs but I never been there.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
I think I saw that before. Looks familiar. Back in high school I did work for "the king" and it royally sucked. From that period of time on forward I vowed to never work in the service industry again. Let me tell you, I'm taking orders and people would say, "hi, I would like two whopper Jrs, one with cheese, the other without tomato but with cheese, add two large fries, a large Sprite and a large Coke. Never mind make that 4 whopper Jr's with just cheese on all of them no tomato, wait, add tomato, but no lettuce. You know what? Change that Coke to another Sprite." Mean while I'm ready to punch the idiot right in the kisser. And this happened all the damn time. It's like people just can't make up their damn mind when it comes to making their order. It was so infuriating.