Rookie needs suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehards

I just getting into scanning and really need a good antenna to pick up more frequencies. I have a Uniden BCD996T (my husband bought it a few years back and doesn't use it anymore) and I use it, for now, to scan for police, fire and weather info. I'm just starting to read the manual and trying to program this scanner. I live on 4 acres with nothing around us to block signals. I pick up police frequencies from Metro Detroit (about 40 miles away) with the standard antenna supplied by Uniden. We have an antenna pole up already for our T.V. antenna and wifi box but not much else will fit -- also, not sure if any of the signals with interfere with each other. So please, scanner gods, help.

hoser147

Check out the Antenna section in the Wiki (link on the top bar). Welcome to the site. You may want to also check out some of the Yahoo groups for your scanner or your home area, as they might have some files for your area. Good Luck and Good Scannin Hoser

af5rn

You might also notice that about half of the topics posted below yours are asking the exact same question, so take some time to read over them. But before anybody can really answer you, we need to know what bands you are trying to listen to, what type of systems they are (trunk, conventional, repeater, simplex?) and how far away they are, as well as how much you want to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.