Round Rock or WILCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5TWX

Just curious if there is anyone else besides Garyva and myself that listen to Round Rock or any other organization in Williamson County. I don't believe there's anyone else out there, is there?

KD5WEK

I have a lot of the local stuff from RR and WILCO in my 396, i am actually updating as I type this.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
WILCO: Limited Listening

Yes, from time to time, when I go to Austin, I usually catch Round Rock, but Williamson county has employed encryption on many of their talk groups, particularly Georgetown & Leander. When I am traveling, I stay out of Georgetown because I don't trust LE there.

rbarker

Robert
Listen to Williamson County

I try to listen to what is not scrambled. Most of it is scrambled.
I know Round Rock FD alerts in the clear on 856.2125
I know Taylor FD is in the clear, or at least some of their talkgroups are.
I hear Cedar Park Fire page on 154.37
Jollyville pages on 154.355
EMS still tones out on 462.975 I think and if you are close to Georgetown you can also hear them very good on the input 467.975
there are other freqs listed here:
Williamson County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
158.86500 FD COMM (Weir/Hutto) (Tone-outs still used)
154.17500 Jarrell Fire (Tone-outs still used)
154.43000 Taylor / East Williamson Co Fire (Tone-outs still used)
155.69250 Georgetown Fire Tone out

W5TWX

Round Rock PD and FD are not encrypted. On some of the TAC channels, the PD uses encryption when they feel like they need it.

EMS tone outs are encrypted, but the rest of the call that their on are not. You can still hear them talking to the E.R.'s in the county and to the FD's.

glassjaw1704

Premium Subscriber
How do I listen to RR PD? I use a RS pro 106 with win500 software. I have the whole Travis county system programmed and I can catch everything except the unencrypted RR police. Any Ideas?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Round Rock

How do I listen to RR PD? I use a RS pro 106 with win500 software. I have the whole Travis county system programmed and I can catch everything except the unencrypted RR police. Any Ideas?

The last time I was driving through Round Rock, I was able to intercept clear digital transmissions. From what I am seeing in the RR DB, there is only one encrypted RR PD channel. If you loaded the TG's correctly, you should be able to hear them. As for Georgetown & Leander, you can forget listening.

Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS) Trunking System, Austin, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

mikepro96fan

I'm still here, haven't been on in a while. Listen to RRPD, WCSO, GATRRS. How's it going W5TWX?_
I have a IcomT90a modified, and a Pro106 I made the grey case black. Been applying to APD and other agencies for dispatch jobs as thats my calling!! Still in Nw Austin..73's all Mike

W5TWX

It also depends on where you are located at in the Austin area. Halfway into Austin, I start loosing RR. In RR, the PD is easy to pick up.

garyva

Hi, Uni & others. Yeah, I'm not getting on the forum much these days, though I use the database many times a month in conjunction with radio & 9-1-1 consulting I'm doing around the country. I'm doin' OK all in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.