Royal Caribbean, Anthem of the Seas

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
I checked Scanmaritime first and this ship recently placed in service has not been published. I'm cruising to Bermuda in May and attempting to get the ship frequencies, as well as any public safety frequencies available for Bermuda. If I don't have any success, I'm going to attempt to search them out while there for 2 days and give them to anybody that may want them. I have a 436HP, but never had to search out an 800 system. Should I drink heavy before such an endeavor?

Thanking you all in advance,

ecps92

No info on the Anthem, and I would not be surprised if you find TRBO

Try reading the article (Two Parts) I wrote on Cruise Ship monitoring
http://www.scannerdigest.com/files/SD-60-Newsletter.pdf
http://www.scannerdigest.com/files/SD-63-Newsletter.pdf

Remember, it's a Hobby, so DO enjoy your Vacation :cool:

I checked Scanmaritime first and this ship recently placed in service has not been published. I'm cruising to Bermuda in May and attempting to get the ship frequencies, as well as any public safety frequencies available for Bermuda. If I don't have any success, I'm going to attempt to search them out while there for 2 days and give them to anybody that may want them. I have a 436HP, but never had to search out an 800 system. Should I drink heavy before such an endeavor?

Thanking you all in advance,

kc2kth

I haven't checked, but whatever systems are in use on Quantum are likely in use on Anthem as well. Quantum is the first in that class of ships and harps been put a while (we were on it during its inaugural sailings out of NJ). In Bermuda, in case this is your first trip, there is a lot of activity right there in Dockyard - taxis, tour guides, etc - that should be interesting if the PS freqs aren't available. If you are so inclined sitting in Windjammer gives a decent view of Dockyard so you can watch the action as well as listen if your cabin isn't overlooking Dockyard.

Don't spend all your time on the ship though! Horseshoe Bay Cove Beach is excellent if the weather is warm. Walking around St George is worth the ferry ride but get back to the ferry early for the return trip. Lines get long. Right in Dockyard you can't miss the glassworks, beer and pub grub at the Frog and Onion, and then grab a couple rum cakes at the bakery to take back home.

Last edited:

ecps92

Quantum has been reported as TRBO :(

I haven't checked, but whatever systems are in use on Quantum are likely in use on Anthem as well. Quantum is the first in that class of ships and harps been put a while (we were on it during its inaugural sailings out of NJ). In Bermuda, in case this is your first trip, there is a lot of activity right there in Dockyard - taxis, tour guides, etc - that should be interesting if the PS freqs aren't available. If you are so inclined sitting in Windjammer gives a decent view of Dockyard so you can watch the action as well as listen if your cabin isn't overlooking Dockyard.

Don't spend all your time on the ship though! Horseshoe Bay Cove Beach is excellent if the weather is warm. Walking around St George is worth the ferry ride but get back to the ferry early for the return trip. Lines get long. Right in Dockyard you can't miss the glassworks, beer and pub grub at the Frog and Onion, and then grab a couple rum cakes at the bakery to take back home.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Just for info, I tried to bring my bcd436 with me and they flagged it through security and would not allow me to bring it on board.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Anthem 9/6/2016

Anthem monitored during firedrillill

color code 11

using ts 1 and 2

tg1. only

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Additional Anthem info

While in Port Cape Liberty the following was active as well.

457.6 Color 12 ts1 and 2

BTW I brought (2) UV-5R's and 2 MD-380's along with my BCD436HP.

No problem with security. Anthem 5 day from Cape Liberty (in addition to about 15 other cruises lots of different radios and scanners). Getting a /VP9 permit was easy as could be.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I didn't leave the bed after I took this until the next morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20160904_124155.jpg
    IMG_20160904_124155.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 681

Mork

Premium Subscriber
On the Anthem we were doing about 23 kts into a 65 headwind and skirting Hermine.. It was not fun for most folks and the crew. I was OK but my wife was queasy.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
We just got off the RCL Rhapsody of the Seas. Nearly their entire fleet is using 457.55 525 575... all different PL's and when in port, as in the 2 or 3 of us Cozumel, all cause interference with each other. BTW their so called high speed internet for $18/day bites. Slow as old time DSL, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.