RR Database for Vacaville site ID 5500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambion

What happened to the Vacaville, California database? It wasn't but last night that all the talkgroups were listed (and correctly) but now there's only four listed.

Is this the result of a data transfer meant to enhance that went wrong? Or did someone just decide to go in and do this?

And what's it going to take to get it fixed? I'd help in any way I can.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Cambion

Thanks. I have a PDF report that I got from here (clicking on Reports Tab). Talkgroup 16 also doesn't exist, at least I've never seen it come across, and it's not in my Trunker (now UniTrunker) file.

Edit: The Group IDs descriptions are kind of hosed too. Maybe he mistook it for a different system he was working on?

If you need this report, I'll scan it at work and send as an attachment to wherever you want it.

Kind Regards,
Scott

wayne_h said:
I'm looking in to it. I don't see why they should have been deleted.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The talkgroup IDs were reassigned when the system was rebanded. So we're starting over from scratch.

Cambion

With this systems rebanding being complete, I've noticed they are still using the same core talkgroups. In this systems case, what was re-assigned? I've been listening to the Police and Fire traffic, and Transit on 1104, and I've noted that none of these changed. Are they about to change? If not, then the talkgroups listed now are, unfortunately, incorrect. PD Dispatch is still 208 and Fire is still 464.

I have submitted what I know to be correct, regarding the PD and Fire assignments anyway, and that submission is still pending. I believe in an accurate database and I'm willing to help keep it this way.

Kind Regards,
Scott

wayne_h said:
The talkgroup IDs were reassigned when the system was rebanded. So we're starting over from scratch.

selgaran

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Cambion said:
With this systems rebanding being complete, I've noticed they are still using the same core talkgroups. In this systems case, what was re-assigned? I've been listening to the Police and Fire traffic, and Transit on 1104, and I've noted that none of these changed. Are they about to change? If not, then the talkgroups listed now are, unfortunately, incorrect. PD Dispatch is still 208 and Fire is still 464.

I have submitted what I know to be correct, regarding the PD and Fire assignments anyway, and that submission is still pending. I believe in an accurate database and I'm willing to help keep it this way.

Kind Regards,
Scott

I have been told that some of the talkgroups will be changing. I also have been told the old designators have been changed as well. If you hear a new talkgroup or new designation, please submit them. If you are hearing a talkgroup that is the same as the old system, just submit them again and I will take care of it.

kma371

QRT
Cambion said:
Thanks. I have a PDF report that I got from here (clicking on Reports Tab). Talkgroup 16 also doesn't exist, at least I've never seen it come across, and it's not in my Trunker (now UniTrunker) file.

Edit: The Group IDs descriptions are kind of hosed too. Maybe he mistook it for a different system he was working on?

If you need this report, I'll scan it at work and send as an attachment to wherever you want it.

Kind Regards,
Scott

I got this information from someone who listens to the system, provides many many entries into the database and I trust his information and have no reason to doubt it. If you have anything different, submit it.

kma371

QRT
Cambion said:
If not, then the talkgroups listed now are, unfortunately, incorrect. PD Dispatch is still 208 and Fire is still 464.

Well, at the time you posted that, 208 and 464 werent listed in the DB so they werent "incorrect," just not included. Talkgroup names for those channels had not been confirmed by the person who provided the information. I got your submission and they have been re-included in the database since you have confirmed them.

Cambion

Understood. And I think it's great there's another person proactively working to keep an accurate database. I have picked up on a talkgroup or two not listed, but I'm not submitting that data until I get a channel name. Unless you can offer a suggestion for such submissions, I feel it would be bad info to just submit (Talkgroup ### heard DUI checkpoint). It's that ol 'C in C out' database thing.

Thanks to you and Wayne for working this out and providing an excellent explaination as to what happened. Kudos to the two of you, as well as the rest of the RR data team.

Scott

kma371 said:
Well, at the time you posted that, 208 and 464 werent listed in the DB so they werent "incorrect," just not included. Talkgroup names for those channels had not been confirmed by the person who provided the information. I got your submission and they have been re-included in the database since you have confirmed them.

Cambion

Thanks for the post! That's going to be exciting to see Fairfield get a trunked system. I did see on the Vacaville page here on RR that two frequencies have been set up for use by Fairfield. I think I was picking up some data buzz on one of the two, but I don't have a terminal node connector to see if it's free and clear data, or encrypted (as I assume it would be).

Regards,
Scott

selgaran said:
Jost poking around, I found that the very helpful VV police department actually issued a press release about this, with frequencies (but not talkgroups) back in February.

http://www.cityofvacaville.com/__documents/PressReleases/2008/frequency change.pdf

More interesting news about the Vacaville TRS can be found in this thread: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103493

Status
Not open for further replies.