rr live audio for nokia E71

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8jhc

Try Moodio. You can set up nearly any type of stream, and it works with nearly every type of phone. I was using it on my Blackberry until I discovered BBScanner.

Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio

from their site:

"Almost every modern phone with internet and multimedia capabilities should be able to receive radio through Moodio. What you basically need is a phone that supports 3GPP/3GPP2-streaming and understands the AACPlus-codec. This includes popular phones from manufacturers like BlackBerry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Motorola, etc. Apple's (non-3GPP-compatible) iPhone is also supported."

WouffHong

No Data plan exception..

Try Moodio. You can set up nearly any type of stream, and it works with nearly every type of phone. I was using it on my Blackberry until I discovered BBScanner.

Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio

from their site:

"Almost every modern phone with internet and multimedia capabilities should be able to receive radio through Moodio. What you basically need is a phone that supports 3GPP/3GPP2-streaming and understands the AACPlus-codec. This includes popular phones from manufacturers like BlackBerry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Motorola, etc. Apple's (non-3GPP-compatible) iPhone is also supported."

BTDT - May work if you have a data plan, but all my access is through a WIFI connection and I have NO data plan.. Back last Summer, you could get the E71x w/o a mandatory Data plan. Not so now..

Wouff

Last edited:

kd8jhc

Hmmm... I'm thinking that shouldn't matter. It uses a web interface to set up and select the stream, then the stream kicks over to the phone's media player, which is just HTTP on a different port. But if you've "been there, done that" I suppose it doesn't do what you want. IMHO--What good is a smart, fancy phone without a data plan???

WouffHong

Data Plan - NYET!!

Hmmm... I'm thinking that shouldn't matter. It uses a web interface to set up and select the stream, then the stream kicks over to the phone's media player, which is just HTTP on a different port. But if you've "been there, done that" I suppose it doesn't do what you want. IMHO--What good is a smart, fancy phone without a data plan???

Yup - need to mess around more with my configs.. Trying to get a feed from my North GA feed when on a WIFI access point.

Why no Data program??

1) $$$$$$$

2) Don't Text

3) Don't D/L Apps,Tunes, videos, games, ad nauseam..

4) Old Flip-Phone getting cranky and E71X was only $49.99 and was one of the few that had good WIFI sensitivity - Back in the summer, Data plan was an opt-out "option".. And free WIFI access points abound more and more each day.. The Phone and it's other features are excellent.

5) Medicare doesn't pay for any phones!! :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :D

Da Wouff
http://wouffhong.org

WouffHong

Btdt

BTDT ?? what is btdt?

Pick one: ;) ;)

Bad Texters Doomed Texting? (while on highways)

Big Thumbs Don't Text? (well)

Been There Done That?

Born Texting - Die Texting? ;)

Brave Texters Don't Tell? (on others)

Bodacious Texters Don't Talk? (out loud)

More, Guys??? :wink:

Wouff

SCPD

QRT
Use Internet Radio application on E71. Open the app add station manually. I get the url when I view link in winamp. Example audio4.radioreference.com:80/880888742 add this manually and it should load CHP Golden Gate. I tried WINDOWS url links but couldn't get them to load. WINAMPS urls work.

Have Fun!

Mike

WouffHong

Uh-Uh.. :-(

Use Internet Radio application on E71. Open the app add station manually. I get the url when I view link in winamp. Example audio4.radioreference.com:80/880888742 add this manually and it should load CHP Golden Gate. I tried WINDOWS url links but couldn't get them to load. WINAMPS urls work.

Have Fun!

Mike

Hellooooo?? Remember: NO DATA ACCOUNT - Unless that can be done on a regular local WIFI connection??
Wouff

kd8jhc

The purpose of having WIFI on a phone is so you don't have to use the 3G data connection! I suggest you try some of the suggestions that have been offered here. It seems that there have been at least two valid solutions given: Moodio, and the Internet Radio application as outlined in the previous post.

I'm wondering what you use your WIFI connection for, since you seem to be convinced that not having a data plan is the problem.

WouffHong

Whoaa.. Relax..

The purpose of having WIFI on a phone is so you don't have to use the 3G data connection! I suggest you try some of the suggestions that have been offered here. It seems that there have been at least two valid solutions given: Moodio, and the Internet Radio application as outlined in the previous post.

I'm wondering what you use your WIFI connection for, since you seem to be convinced that not having a data plan is the problem.

It's already been explained that using moodio.fm (have one already set up there) nor direct URL don't work and that is why I was asking for info on how to make it work.

I am NOT (as YOU put it) " convinced that not having a data plan is the problem" - NO data plan WAS the intent - to GET the my RR feed connectivity without said Data Plan.

I made it clear ALSO that I KNOW what the WIFI-only access does and that i did not want ANY 3G or simlar data plan purposely. Again: Just to access my feed from the E71x when on a WIFI access point to verify it was running OK

Attempts to load any App via the PCSUITE supplied fails. So again, help appreciated, not a review of an attempt for clarity and help in trying to find a solution. If the Internet Radio App CAN be loaded thusly, I will cheer, but have not tried. How do I get it in such a form that it will load and NOT seek out the 3G stream? - I AM admittedly NEW to this type phone, but never had problems with the old HP 2400/3400 series PDA's. (MTRIP)

Now, I just saw your latest response and will check that out now.. . . . OK - read the shimworld blog - My e71x has no internet radio despite firmware 3.28 and nowhere in the process can I find "internet Radio" to download and install via the PC suite.

THERE is where help is needed or an app copy located..

Please do not assume I was not paying attention to these folks' offerings of help. :roll:

Wouff

WouffHong

ADDENDUM: Noted that you just asked what I use the WIFI for: Try Yahoo Mail, Gmail Mail, Yahoo Finance, checking my dozens of web sites I maintain, Weather at Wunderground, local ISP mail, Yahoo Groups I run (12), ad nauseam..

A lot easier to lug the E71x around than my Laptop! -- AND it's a decent Phone (although I wish they would let UNinstall some of the many Apps I don't use.. - Get "cannot uninstall" response - and they are not open at the time.. ;(

kd8jhc

No hard feelings, I just feel like I can't help you further because I don't have a Nokia phone. I do hope you get it working.

Jeff

jhsands

Feed Provider
I have it working (for free).

[I have it working.]

Download Winamp and install. Go to RR. Listen as Winamp and it will download a .m3u file.

Open the .m3u file with notepad. Paste the URL into Google Chrome. IE OR FF WILL NOT WORK to give you the URL.

Code:
#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1,Columbia County AWIN System
http://relay.radioreference.com:80/708233863

Paste this
http://relay.radioreference.com:80/708233863
into Google Chrome.

You should get a URL like
http://audio4.radioreference.com/708233863

E71 -> internet radio -> favorites -> add station manually -> http://audio4.radioreference.com/708233863

Status
Not open for further replies.