ProScan: RRDB Differences fetches wrong system bug?

TeeJayZee

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking this might be a bug, if not, hopefully someone has come across this peculiar issue and knows how to fix it.

When I click on the RRDB Differences button on ProScan (v21.2), I tend to get the correct system and see right away if they are any new changes or whatever from the RRDB, but sometimes I find myself that it doesn't fetch the correct system. (See screenshots below)

001.jpg002.jpg

As you can see, on my DB for my scanner (Uniden BCD325P2), I am trying to find out what new changes were done to the CAL FIRE / Statewide System (see screenshot below "red arrow")

003.jpg

But instead it seems to point to another system (which I do have in my database by-the-way). The above example is pointing to this one (to be precise): San Diego County / Media

I really don't know what causes this issue? But it could be a multiple reasons why -- here are a few examples:
  • When I don't import the data directly from RRDB using ProScan, I may import it from my Uniden SDS100 favorites list (DB) -- still using ProScan import feature. -- I do this sometimes, when I spent a whole deal updating a DB for one unit, and want to simply share that data to another unit -- then having to redo everything to keep them both up-to-date.
  • Or maybe this issue occurs when I sometimes Download the DB from the scanner -- when I make small changes on the scanner-- for example do a permanent lock out on a frequency on my scanner and want to sync my changes with the DB on my PC.

The only workaround I know how to fix this issue is by having to re-import the system from RRDB using ProScan, so when I check again for updates, it is correctly done, but not sure if it later changes when I sync to my scanner vise-versa and etc. or the above examples I gave above?

So I'd like to know if there is a easier way to fix this issue when it occurs? -- I wonder if I could simply edit the DB file using Notepad++ and change some data there so it points to the correct system on the RRDB database? For example here is the code in the DB file where this system is found:

Code:
SIN,15171,CNV,Statewide,5,0,0,2,,,,,,15235,15318,15195,15280,39,.,0,,,,,NONE,0,0,400,0,
QGL,,2222222222

If I could simply change something in that line that could make the changes easier for me, that would be great -- since I sometimes do not download all the data from a system, since I tend to remove stuff that I don't want to scan and etc.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or more questions to troubleshoot this bug...

Reconrider

Had the same issue and Bob(proscan) never replied to me in his main post when I asked about it.
Another person on that thread with me had the same issue.

The only solution I found was to save everything and fully close the program and reopen it.

TeeJayZee

Premium Subscriber
The only solution I found was to save everything and fully close the program and reopen it.
Hmm, so it's a session issue? I'll make sure to try that later on this evening to see if it fixes the issue when I spot it.

Yesterday (last night) I went through all the DB via ProScan and corrected them all by re-downloading the systems from RRDB that were not syncing correctly. Then when I completed the task, I uploaded the DB to my scanner.

Early this morning, I opened the DB via ProScan and found that a few started to not sync to the correct system when pressing the RRDB Differences button. So we are back to square one... lol

I've also noticed that each time I upload the DB to my scanner (Uniden BCD325P2) the database changes -- if you do a compare a side by side between the current and backup DB files. -- I did a backup, because I'm trying to learn when this bug happens and what changes happen in the DB, but seeing that the entire database changes somewhat each time I upload it to the scanner, it is even more difficult to troubleshoot it.

Hopefully the @ProScan developer can figure this out for us... because it's a great new feature recently added to ProScan.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If it happens again, send me a Bug Report to support@proscan.org with the database file and the 'RRDB Import.txt' files attached. That being said, I may work on a new feature before I can get to this.

Per the proscan.org web site 'Bug Reporting and Suggestions' link
Bug Reports - Advise on the following:
  • Product (ProScan, Free Client, or RadioFeed):
  • Version:
  • Scanner type:
  • Options pertaining to the bug:
  • Describe in detail what the bug is doing or not doing:

TeeJayZee

Premium Subscriber
I just wanted to report that the suggestion to open/close the program doesn't fix my issue, unfortunately.

It seems that once a System has been checked for updates and marked wrong, it will always be wrong whenever I click on the RRDB Differences button / then click on the Get RR Data button -- no matter how many times I test it on different (restart) sessions. (See current example below when I check the National Weather system for updates.)

003.jpg

Putting on my troubleshooting hat (as an end-user), I'm wondering if this file: RRDB Import.txt might be where the issue exists? For the reason that I use this app (ProScan) for both my Uniden scanners (BCD325P2 and SDS100) -- I wonder if it becomes an issue when two different scanners fetch (different or the same) data from RRDB and it gets logged into that single file?

@ProScan, I got your email response, thanks. I'll be on standby whenever you are ready...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Putting on my troubleshooting hat (as an end-user), I'm wondering if this file: RRDB Import.txt might be where the issue exists? For the reason that I use this app (ProScan) for both my Uniden scanners (BCD325P2 and SDS100) -- I wonder if it becomes an issue when two different scanners fetch (different or the same) data from RRDB and it gets logged into that single file?

@ProScan, I got your email response, thanks. I'll be on standby whenever you are ready...

I have a few items to do before I can look at this. It probably take a month or more to go over everything. Bare with me.

Last edited: