• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

RRDB Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Just updated Sentinel software on my PC for my Home Patrol-1 scanner but I'm not seeing a certain frequency, Plymouth County Sheriff 483.4 NAC 205, in the software. Any ideas as to why It is not showing?

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
Uniden starts capturing the RRDB on Sunday, ready for a Monday update of Sentinel. It is not a real-time update.

Any changes to the database that happen later than mid-day Sunday won't be included in Monday's update.

483.400 was added to the database on Monday, ergo it missed this week's update and will be available in Sentinel next Monday.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
That is awesome info, thank you.

Uniden starts capturing the RRDB on Sunday, ready for a Monday update of Sentinel. It is not a real-time update.

Any changes to the database that happen later than mid-day Sunday won't be included in Monday's update.

483.400 was added to the database on Monday, ergo it missed this week's update and will be available in Sentinel next Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.