Rs antenna mast install question

Status
Not open for further replies.

darticus

I bought 2 Radio Shack Masts and wondered do they have to be screwed together or is it safe to slip the tapered end into the other section and its good. It fits in about 5 or so inches. Any thoughts. THANKS RON

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
well i had bad luck with them what i did is put some jb weld on them and they wont slip or turn

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hi Ron:

I have used the RS 5 ft. antenna masts before and this is what I experienced with them...

There is a swaggered end which will lock into the next section but if the fit is loose then I would make up a small amount of epoxy to cement the pieces together.

If you plan to join two or more sections together and mount them above the roofline where high winds could be a factor, then I would definitely use several guy wire clamps to secure the mast and prevent buckling.

You didn't specify how you plan to use them, so I've given you the various ways that I have mounted them in my setups. Hope this helps you.

Russell

apd3190

I have one 10 foot and two five foot pieces together without screws. Had a hurricane blow through about a month ago...no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.