Rs pro 2096 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pst241

Having problem with programming Motorola 500 mhz TRS into my 2096. Scanner is locking on to active talkgroup I entered but with no voice and is displaying a different voice channel frequency (400 mhz) other than the 500 mhz ones i entered. All other systems ( conventional & 800 Trs working fine)
Anyone have any ideas whats wrong ? I checked and all info on system (base, step & offset ) are all entered properly.

pst241

rs 2096 problem

not it, I have the same system entered into my Uniden scanners with no problem, working for years. First time entering system into a RS scanner. Cant figure out why VC would display something other than what I entered when it stops on active ID during scan, When going through system frequencies manually they come up what i entered.

mciupa

Database Admin
HI pst241 , welcome to RadioReference :)

I'm going to make an assumption that you are trying to enter East Brunswick.

To do the UHF trunking after you have selected the bank, try this:

push FUNC, then TRUNK
press MODE use the arrow button to find Motorola
press FUNC, press 2
for base enter 500.300
for offset enter 380
for space enter 15.0
next push FUNC , then 3
use 3600 and TABLE
Push Manual, enter your Control Channel, then push SCAN

This should get you going.

Good Luck :)

pst241

2096 problem fixed

Thanks mciupa,
I found the problem, forget to set the 3600 table selection. Didnt see that programming step in the manual... Appreciate the good directions.

mciupa

Database Admin
Thanks mciupa,
I found the problem, forget to set the 3600 table selection. Didnt see that programming step in the manual... Appreciate the good directions.

Your welcome.

How they could miss printing that crucial VHF/UHF trunking programming step is beyond me.:roll::confused:

Glad to hear you are up and running.
Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.