RS-R30A is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob

Premium Subscriber
I bought the ICOM VS-3 Bluetooth last weekend. Now I can put my R30 in my backpack and control it via RS-R30 and listen wireless.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
No luck pairing the R30 to my Samsung S8. Anyone have a tip?

Did you get this working?

I have an older Samsung Galaxy S5A.

I tried pairing the two but it kept saying the connection failed on the R30 display. I was about to give up for the night when I noticed my S5 showed a BT-003 device as paired. The BT-003 is the R30.
So I downloaded and installed the app.
Started it and it asked me to select from a list of paired devices. I selected the BT-003 device and the app immediately displayed the frequency my R30 was tuned too.
The app works well and I was able to do many things that can be done from the R30.
I don't know if this is any help as I really don't know what I did, it just paired even though the R30 said it failed. Weird.

I'm not really sure I'll use it though. Figuring BT can only go about 30 feet does not really help me. I think it will be easier to just grab the R30 and control via its keypad.
It also does not send the R30 audio back to your phone or Android tablet. Audio comes out the R30s speaker or an audio device that's also paired to the R30.

I'm just not seeing the advantage however. Maybe it is staring me in the face but why would you need to control the R30 from your phone that can only be about 30 feet away?
Am I missing something obvious? Surely I am!

Good luck and hope you can get the two paired.

Hit_Factor

Thanks for the info, I hadn't tried anything past pairing.

When I select my phone in the app for a moment it reports it is connected. But a few seconds later my phone has an error: failed to get radio model information.

I'm going to try with a different phone or tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.