RS-R8600 IP Connectivity Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpritch

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I recently installed the Icom RS-R8600 Remote Control software and set it up for control via the Internet. I am finding that after several minutes, the Remote software will lose connectivity. I get an error message that it has failed to connect. Retrys just fail. This also happens if I try to connect locally over my LAN. I have set the receiver for a static IP address and every time I lose connectivity, I also find that cannot ping the static address of the radio. If I cycle power on the radio, the IP comes back up and it will work remotely for another 10 minutes or so. Since the IP address disappears when I ping locally on the LAN, I am concerned that this may be an issue in the radio. Has anyone had any similar issues or any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Dave
W9QL

prcguy

Seems like I had a similar problem with an Icom 7610 and it might have been my default gateway setting. My main modem/router address ends in .254 but I assumed it was .1 and the radio connected to .1 on a random basis. Several things got changed to get it working and one of them was telling the radio the correct gateway address.

If you have another device with the same address, one or both devices can crash on a random basis.

Hello, I recently installed the Icom RS-R8600 Remote Control software and set it up for control via the Internet. I am finding that after several minutes, the Remote software will lose connectivity. I get an error message that it has failed to connect. Retrys just fail. This also happens if I try to connect locally over my LAN. I have set the receiver for a static IP address and every time I lose connectivity, I also find that cannot ping the static address of the radio. If I cycle power on the radio, the IP comes back up and it will work remotely for another 10 minutes or so. Since the IP address disappears when I ping locally on the LAN, I am concerned that this may be an issue in the radio. Has anyone had any similar issues or any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Dave
W9QL

Status
Not open for further replies.