RTD Dispatch Centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone advise how many dispatch centers RTD operates (aside from the security command center) and where they are located???

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Believe there main one is downtown at headquarters building, 1600 Blake.

Jim<

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I found the following info, albeit a bit dated circa 2000.:

"Three dispatch centers have a total of seven dispatch consoles. There are five at the RTD operations centers in Denver, one in Boulder, and one dedicated to light rail vehicles. Each dispatch console has three monitors that the dispatcher must watch. One is for tracking vehicles and AVL system related information, one is for computer-aided dispatch (CAD) radio functions, and the third displays information from the schedule databases." (U.S. Dept. of Transportation, August 2000 study, "Assessment of the Denver Regional Transportation District&#8217;s Automatic Vehicle Location System" at p. 2-6.)

Based upon some brief research and a bit of scanning, it appears that RTD may not have any traditional "dispatch" channels for the bus fleet, i.e. a radio channel monitored by all busses which allows any bus driver/dispatcher to communicate with any other bus driver. Rather it appears that RTD bus drivers exchange radio comms with dispatch via some type of limited "private-call" system, presumably on a DTRS talkgroup. So, it appears that individual drivers only listen and/or transmit on a dispatch-related DTRS TG for short periods of time when they need to communicate with dispatch.

Also it appears RTD has long utilized separate radio channels for "supervisors" to communicate. Based on my research and a limited amount of scanning, it appears that DTRS TG 10060 (currently listed as "Boulder Transit Center") is probably a more "traditional" dispatch channel used only by supervisors to communicate with each other and/or dispatch. I suspect TG 10060 is probably associated with the Denver Dispatch Center, but I will have do a bit more scanning to confirm this. It's also possible that TG 10060 is used jointly by Both boulder and Denver as a "global" dispatch channel.

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The Light Rail Dispatch center is here
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1205...r=1205+W+7th+Ave,+Denver,+Colorado+80204&z=21

There are two separate rooms in this building dedicated to the light rail ops. One room monitors the LRV positions and handle their automation. The other room is for light rail security and they have a ton of TV's on the wall for the security cameras from the stations and dispatch the security guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.