RTL-SDR frequency / Old Bridge

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
I am using SDRtrunk with 2 RTL-SDR tuners. Serial numbers are xxxx1 and xxxx2. I program Old Bridge township from the RR database. When I play from the playlist, I DO see limited activity, but hear nothing. When I look at the tuners, one is locked on 851.99275, and the other is unlocked on 771.7325. These are NOT frequencies that are listed for Old Bridge, and are NOT part of the channel programming? Why do I see this? I used to hear a lot more traffic, especially EMS activity, on Old Bridge.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Share a screenshot of your channels tab in the Playlist Editor. Sounds like you aren't playing the channel you want.

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
This morning I enabled ' Senior Services ', where there is always some communication, and I DID here some transmissions. I know PD is encrypted, and I DO occasionally see some ' active ' traffic, but I hear nothing except senior services. Could just be very low traffic on the system. I still am curious why the actual locked frequency does not match the programmed frequency. ( PS: same thing when I listen to NJICS ). Here are the requested photos:

Attachments

• ob25.JPG
    ob25.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 22
  • ob26.JPG
    ob26.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 22
  • ob27.JPG
    ob27.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 22
  • ob28.JPG
    ob28.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 19

belvdr

No longer interested in living
The frequencies in the playlist editor are control frequencies. Voice is not carried over those; instead other frequencies are used.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
This screen will show you what control channels your on and will also show you the freq of any voice calls.

1698330362984.png

This screen tells you what freqs your dongles are centered on.

1698330442692.png

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
Thnks! So the ' tuner ' frequency is just the center frequency for the dongle, and the software moves it to the needed frequency during traffic.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Thnks! So the ' tuner ' frequency is just the center frequency for the dongle, and the software moves it to the needed frequency during traffic.
The Tuner page shows the current center frequency of SDR dongles at the moment of the screenshot; the Now Playing page shows the active Control channel as configured, plus any active Traffic (voice) channel that is reachable (within the tuning range of your SDR dongles.)