Rubber Duck Antenna Recommendation for PRO-95 handheld ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakemcgraw

I just bought a brand new still in the box PRO-95 handheld scanner off e-bay for a deal,,I'd like any recommendations for a better Duck type antenna ...The one that came with is not to bad, But side by side with my PRO-137, it doesnt perform as well, more static on the PRO-95, I know gre type scanners are quite sensitive mostly...I have a ST2 which i will mount outside at a later time, But wondered about a better antenna, for the portible use...Thank's in advance........................Les.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
What are you listening to? For 800mhz, I highly recommend the Radio Shack 800 Rubber Duck.. It works significantly better than the stock on my Uniden... And better than any other duck I have for 800...

KE5BCP

Analog Man
Jakemcgraw said:
I just bought a brand new still in the box PRO-95 handheld scanner off e-bay for a deal,,I'd like any recommendations for a better Duck type antenna ...The one that came with is not to bad, But side by side with my PRO-137, it doesnt perform as well, more static on the PRO-95, I know gre type scanners are quite sensitive mostly...I have a ST2 which i will mount outside at a later time, But wondered about a better antenna, for the portible use...Thank's in advance........................Les.
As always, it depends totally on what band your are attempting to receive.

Jakemcgraw

W5JSS said:
As always, it depends totally on what band your are attempting to receive.
Sorry I forgot to mention the freq's i listen to,,,I generally listen to the ranges of 155.000 to 463.000 mhz areas, nothing over that..............................Les

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Jakemcgraw said:
Sorry I forgot to mention the freq's i listen to,,,I generally listen to the ranges of 155.000 to 463.000 mhz areas, nothing over that..............................Les
For those freqs I use the stock antenna. For 800 MHz only, I use the RS800 antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.