• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RUGGED Motorola Tactical Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCCSolutions

Hi,

Just wanted to show the repeater project im working on. Im open to any questions or advice. I also encourage others to show what setup they have.

I would consider items that would be posted in this forum to at least meet the following requirements:

1. Any home made repeater system with a alternate power source.

Other suggestions:

1.Tactical enclosures
2.Solar Applications
3.Field tested and used systems

The basic rundown of my system is enclosed in a plastic storage bin, three CDM 1550s, a 12v Motorola impress charge system, duplex and linear rick repeater adapters, 12v sealed lead acid batteries, lots of power options!

What I have overall:

1x Action Packer Rubbermaid Container
2x Motorola CDM1550.LS+ 50Watt Radios
1x RA-1 Rick Repeater Adapter
6x 12V 12AH SBS12-12 Maintenance-free Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Batteries 72Ah total
1x Motorola Inpress charger controller and mount unit(12v in)
2x Corsair high PWM fans
2x Misc Small 12v Fans
1x Green LED digital Voltmeter
1x sticky Dead Switch
4x Micro toggle switches
1x Industrial Toggle
3x High Amp DC Toggle Switches
1x 500 Watt rail fuse
1x China Made UHF Cavity Duplexer
1x 48-52v 30A DC Power supply
1x 13.8v Motorola CDM Series Desktop Power supply AE210-3101
1x Cosel CDS6004812 DC-DC Converter 22A

It is still a work in progress and I plan to add more equipment, it is only half way done.

Future Additions:

1x CDM 1550 VHF Radio
1x RA-2 Rick Repeater Adapter
5x 12V 12AH SBS12-12 Maintenance-free Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Batteries
2x Industrial Toggles
4x High Amp DC throw Breakers
1x BCM Battery Control Module
2x N Female Headers
1x Set Duplexer Cables RG400
1x 50ft LMR-240 Cable
1x RG58 UHF N MALE TO BNC MALE 3 FOOT PIGTAIL JUMPER CABLE
2x High Gain BNC Antennas
2x LED Voltmeters

A video of my system is here:

Homemade Rugged Motorola Repeater UHF- READ DESCRIPTION! - YouTube

FF153

Premium Subscriber
Very nice setup!! Have you considered a pelican case for added durability and portability? Just a idea to consider but over all a very very nice setup!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

MCCSolutions

A disaster that IS going to happen......

Lol, I know the wires look crazy but it is temporary until I finish installing equipment. I have years of experiance in electrical and computer engineering so I know to play it safe with all this high amp stuff. I dont even like to do common ground with DC systems but its more convenient.

Very nice setup!! Have you considered a pelican case for added durability and portability? Just a idea to consider but over all a very very nice setup!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thanks! And yea I was originally gonna go with a Military transport case that was 8U and had wheels etc.. but it was to big to be shipped here. Im currently in South Korea but I will be back in the states next year, I will probably transfer the setup to a different case then. My original idea was to have a Multi-Band repeater, Low, VHF, UHF, 700, 800, and 900 mhz + HAM but I cant fit all that in this case so im probably gonna add VHF and HAM to it at the most.

mformby

Conventional or trunking repeater

Is this going to be a conventional or a LTR/Passport repeater? If conventional all you need is a CDM750, not the much more expensive CDM1550LS+.

Hi,

Just wanted to show the repeater project im working on. Im open to any questions or advice. I also encourage others to show what setup they have.

I would consider items that would be posted in this forum to at least meet the following requirements:

1. Any home made repeater system with a alternate power source.

Other suggestions:

1.Tactical enclosures
2.Solar Applications
3.Field tested and used systems

The basic rundown of my system is enclosed in a plastic storage bin, three CDM 1550s, a 12v Motorola impress charge system, duplex and linear rick repeater adapters, 12v sealed lead acid batteries, lots of power options!

What I have overall:

1x Action Packer Rubbermaid Container
2x Motorola CDM1550.LS+ 50Watt Radios
1x RA-1 Rick Repeater Adapter
6x 12V 12AH SBS12-12 Maintenance-free Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Batteries 72Ah total
1x Motorola Inpress charger controller and mount unit(12v in)
2x Corsair high PWM fans
2x Misc Small 12v Fans
1x Green LED digital Voltmeter
1x sticky Dead Switch
4x Micro toggle switches
1x Industrial Toggle
3x High Amp DC Toggle Switches
1x 500 Watt rail fuse
1x China Made UHF Cavity Duplexer
1x 48-52v 30A DC Power supply
1x 13.8v Motorola CDM Series Desktop Power supply AE210-3101
1x Cosel CDS6004812 DC-DC Converter 22A

It is still a work in progress and I plan to add more equipment, it is only half way done.

Future Additions:

1x CDM 1550 VHF Radio
1x RA-2 Rick Repeater Adapter
5x 12V 12AH SBS12-12 Maintenance-free Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Batteries
2x Industrial Toggles
4x High Amp DC throw Breakers
1x BCM Battery Control Module
2x N Female Headers
1x Set Duplexer Cables RG400
1x 50ft LMR-240 Cable
1x RG58 UHF N MALE TO BNC MALE 3 FOOT PIGTAIL JUMPER CABLE
2x High Gain BNC Antennas
2x LED Voltmeters

A video of my system is here:

Homemade Rugged Motorola Repeater UHF- READ DESCRIPTION! - YouTube

MCCSolutions

Is this going to be a conventional or a LTR/Passport repeater? If conventional all you need is a CDM750, not the much more expensive CDM1550LS+.

Right now just conventional but I plan to use LTR later. Also I havent found anything cheaper than the 1550, the 1250 and 750 go for the same price ao why not? Only paid around $100 a piece for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.