• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Rural Metro EMS Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what area of Indiana are you wanting? R/M is not just in Indy

They use
in the Louisville, Ky - Southern Indiana area

and
155.235 in Indy

AFAIK these are all simplex. They have never used a repeater in Southern Indiana.

Rural/Metro in Central Indiana is 155.235 MHz, DPL 412, callsign KRR913. It is simplex from base to truck, however some trucks have mobile repeaters in them that cross-band from VHF to UHF for the portables they carry, and vice-versa so they can use their higher-powered VHF mobile remotely from their UHF portable when out of the truck. This is like the mobile extenders ISP used to have back when they were on VHF low-band.

Generally, the mobile repeaters are low-powered on the UHF side, and they have varying frequencies and PL/DPL, none of which I know offhand. Also, when monitoring on a scanner with a back-of-set antenna, you will usually not hear the mobiles unless they are within a few miles of your location.

Medic31842 said:
In what area of Indiana are you wanting? R/M is not just in Indy

They use
in the Louisville, Ky - Southern Indiana area

and
155.235 in Indy

AFAIK these are all simplex. They have never used a repeater in Southern Indiana.
Do you have any PL or DPL tones for those 2 frequencies?

indiana1983 said:
Look under Johnson County Indiana. There is a list of Rural Metro Frequencies with the PL tones?
I know what's on the Rural Metro link under Johnson County. I submitted those to Radioreference. Read my post above again, and maybe then you will understand my question.

I do not know their DPL tones and they have recently changed PL tones. I havent had the time to monitor them to obtain their new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.