Rural Metro FD Yuma

Status
Not open for further replies.

jad742

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know if Rural Metro is switching to 800 MHz. Are you going to trunking along with the rest of the county EMS. I hear their dispatcher telling the units to switch to 800 MHz once in a while. Thanks.

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
There was an earlier post on this thread about this. The 800 doesn't seem to be as dependable at the VHF although YCSO, YFD and YPD are all using it. It's all encrypted. Guess big brother wants to keep things from us. A shame to spend taxpayers $ on a system that will be very expensive to maintain. Have you noticed how R/M rates have increased? Just spent over $600 on a ambo ride for the wife. Ouch!

regards,

John

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Well I got sticker shock as well. My mother was taken twice last month by Southwest to the hospital about 5 miles and we are looking at about $800 per trip. And that is for a Basic Life Support transport!

jad742

Premium Subscriber
We had to use R/M four times in 2009. All within 10 days. Twice was the same night in San Diego, then 4 days later in Yuma (Foothills) to YRMC, then finally 8 days after that one last time. The two San Diego bills were around $1100 and the two Yuma bills were around $1500 each. Luckily our insurance picked it all up.

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
The problem for us is that Medicare doesn't cover fire apparatus portion of the bill. Rural Metro is also seeking bankruptcy so things are tights I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.