Rural Metro Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmrounds

RMFD is in the process of changing over to a Phoenix/Mesa style of dispatching where all calls will be announced on a single channel, then they will be pushed to a separate tactical channel. Upgrade are being made to the existing channels to improve reception and audio quality. I am not sure if there will be any changes to frequencies, but I do know that the alarm room is simulcasting all current channel 2 dispatch audio on a channel labeled on the console as "channel 1". For those of you that have the ability, any idea what frequency that new channel 1 might be??

dodgerboi84

I believe they are doing the same thing here in Pima County they just purchased a new dispatch console for their center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I noticed something the other day that may be related. Dispatcher audio from the current channel 2 (154.370 114.8 PL) is sometimes being multicast on frequency 154.160 023 DPL.

KB7MIB

Unless things have changed, channel 1 was simplex of the repeated dispatch channel 2. So 154.370, simplex.

I'll have to listen to them more often to determine any changes.

I normally only listen to their West Valley tac channel 9 (stations 833 & 837), since I live in Peoria.

John
Peoria

kmrounds

KB7MIB: Since channel 1 is the simplex of channel 2, we do not have it on our console. This would either be a new frequency entirely or the reallocation of a current frequency like channel 8, which we also do not have on our console. Everything will be dispatched on the new channel 1 and for example, west side calls would go to channel 9.

Cellphone: I think this could be it. It would make sense to use a frequency we already have a license for (channel 8). You would only hear the dispatcher since these channels are simulcasted at the dispatchers console not back on the rack and our phone/radio system does not allow us to truly patch channels, only simulcast the dispatcher.

Thanks everyone! If I get any more info, I’ll keep y’all posted.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I think some of the channels listed in Radio Reference were used back when Rural Metro was servicing Scottsdale, so many of these may no longer be in use.

I listened yesterday and I did not hear 154.160 active. When I have heard it in the past, it was only dispatcher audio from Channel 2, but not the mobiles.

Keep us posted on when this change goes live. If that’s not the frequency, we will find it. :)

kmrounds

You’re correct. The only channels that we can transmit on in the alarm room is 2, 3, 5, 6 and 9. Who know how or if these frequencies will be relabeled in the change.

kmrounds

The new "directive" is that we are to be simulcasting on that new channel all the time for testing. I will give this frequency a try and see what I hear. I wouldn't even know where the repeater would be if there is one. Fingers crossed it works in the south east valley!!

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The new "directive" is that we are to be simulcasting on that new channel all the time for testing. I will give this frequency a try and see what I hear. I wouldn't even know where the repeater would be if there is one. Fingers crossed it works in the south east valley!!

Since you posted this, the dispatcher from Ch 2 has been consistently multicast on 155.355 023 DPL. On 155.355, I get about 3 bars on a handheld antenna and full signal on my roof antenna in Ahwatukee.

KB7MIB

This evening, there have been separate transmissions on 154.3700 and 155.3550. I'm listening to them side by side, and they are not multicasting.

154.3700 is typical Rural/Metro traffic. Northeast Valley 820's, West Valley 830's, San Tan Valley 840's, and East Valley 857/859.

155.3550 sounds like Pinal County numbers, in the 500-series. Short transmissions, so not a lot of detail.

John
Peoria

kmrounds

155.3550 sounds like ambulance dispatches and move ups/posts. All 500-series numbers.

John
Peoria
Most likely the dispatcher was on channel 2 for the first half of the shift and went to 14 second half and forgot to unselect the channel. Or the channel 2 operator covered channel 14 for a bit so you got to hear their side of the EMS channel. We don’t have any VHF EMS channels except for west side paging which I believe it getting phased out.

kmrounds

Same on Mayer Fire Dispatch
No, Mayer and the other Yavapai County fire departments are all patched together as a multi site system. They still utilize their local repeaters and frequencies, but a communications net allows them to all talk and hear each other. This isn’t anything we do in the alarm room. This is the same type of system that YCSO and Prescott Lifeline use.

KB7MIB

Most likely the dispatcher was on channel 2 for the first half of the shift and went to 14 second half and forgot to unselect the channel. Or the channel 2 operator covered channel 14 for a bit so you got to hear their side of the EMS channel. We don’t have any VHF EMS channels except for west side paging which I believe it getting phased out.

I don't know what agency was using 155.3550. However, it was ambulance related.

Cellphone said it was multiselected/patched with 154.3700 when he had been listening.

I commented that when I was listening, the communications were completely seperate, and different.

155.3550 still remains to be identified.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.