Rural Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I've heard Rural Metro referenced several times in the story about the woman who was attacked by the Jaguar at the zoo in the west valley. I have no idea what that is. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mesocyclone

Specifically, Rural Metro is a private corporation that offers fire services to individuals and companies. I used to be a subscriber when I lived in Paradise Valley.

KB7MIB

Anyone else having a problem accessing their website? I keep getting a security notice that their certificate is invalid and my information could be at risk. Yesterday and today.

I was going to share the link here for the OP.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else having a problem accessing their website? I keep getting a security notice that their certificate is invalid and my information could be at risk. Yesterday and today.

John
Peoria

Their certificate has expired. Interesting that they use GoDaddy to host their website.

clover509

According to the American Medical Response website, AMR acquired Rural/Metro Fire and was finalizing integrating and operating as one back in late 2016. May explain why AMR dispatch channels work Rural/Metro Fire assets. See the website below:

RuralMetro

Toby200

John
Peoria
It's nothing a big issue.Its just that their certificate has expired.And now they are using godaddy for their website.Dont see that step achieving much success though mybkexperience

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. Did they acquire the entire RMFD organization or just the medical/ambulance side of it? If it’s the whole thing my next question would be...what does AMR know about running a fire department? Even if they keep mostly RMFD people in place to cover that aspect, surely AMR would want some of their own executives in the corporation.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
They aren't affiliated with Rural Metro or AMR. Superstition Fire and Medical used to be AJ Fire, they formed a fire dist that encompass Gold Canyon east of AJ. As for AMR purchasing RM they can't possibly run it any worse than it was before. Still under staffed and poor coverage.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
And used to home of the "one man band" firetruck staffed by one Firefighter.

I remember those days. I was on a ambulance in Goodyear that was sent M/A with Rural. We would run the pump, pull hose etc., until the next due Engine showed.

kmrounds

AMR owns all of RMFD across the country. They function as separate entities for the most part. All GMR (Global Medical Response, who owns AMR) assets for Central Arizona are dispatched out of Glendale, including helicopters. There are five separate areas in dispatch: Inter-facility (IF), Central AZ EMS, Yavapai County EMS, Fire, and Aviation. Fire dispatchers also handle Pinal County EMS (AMR Ch. 14). Ambulances will generally switch over to other channels for traffic. For example, AP598 gets assigned to EMS traffic in San Tan Valley. They will be initially be dispatched on Ch. 14, then switch to RMFD Ch. 2 for everything else. Once they clear the call, they go back to Ch. 14. Same for the west side.

WIS262

AMR owns all of RMFD across the country. They function as separate entities for the most part. All GMR (Global Medical Response, who owns AMR) assets for Central Arizona are dispatched out of Glendale, including helicopters. There are five separate areas in dispatch: Inter-facility (IF), Central AZ EMS, Yavapai County EMS, Fire, and Aviation. Fire dispatchers also handle Pinal County EMS (AMR Ch. 14). Ambulances will generally switch over to other channels for traffic. For example, AP598 gets assigned to EMS traffic in San Tan Valley. They will be initially be dispatched on Ch. 14, then switch to RMFD Ch. 2 for everything else. Once they clear the call, they go back to Ch. 14. Same for the west side.

Yavapai County EMS? Doesn’t AMR Prescott dispatch the lifeline units in Yavapai/Northwest Maricopa County?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
My EMS Career started with AMT (American Medical Transport) in Orlando, and Shortly Rural Metro took over, they had OPS all over the place but just couldn't compete with AMR for the most part, I almost took a dispatch job for Rural Metro and Southwest Ambulance in Scottsdale

kmrounds

My EMS Career started with AMT (American Medical Transport) in Orlando, and Shortly Rural Metro took over, they had OPS all over the place but just couldn't compete with AMR for the most part, I almost took a dispatch job for Rural Metro and Southwest Ambulance in Scottsdale

I like it. I mean, you're still working for AMR so it's not perfect, but I don't really have any complaints. I do wish our radio system work better. That is really my biggest complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.