Rutherford County

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4GED

Hello all, I've noticed that my scanners, a RS PRO-2030 and RS PRO-82,(I've had both of them MANY years with no problems)…. have recently only been receiving the dispatch communication on the Sheriff's frequency, and not the car transmissions. At times I will receive both sides but they will tell dispatch to use viper. I have no problem with EMS or fire. Will someone please help out an old man on what I need to purchase. I mainly monitor Rutherford and Cleveland counties.

Thanks,

Gary

N8IAA

Hello all, I've noticed that my scanners, a RS PRO-2030 and RS PRO-82,(I've had both of them MANY years with no problems)…. have recently only been receiving the dispatch communication on the Sheriff's frequency, and not the car transmissions. At times I will receive both sides but they will tell dispatch to use viper. I have no problem with EMS or fire. Will someone please help out an old man on what I need to purchase. I mainly monitor Rutherford and Cleveland counties.

Thanks,

Gary

You will need a scanner that does P-25, Phase I. You do not need a scanner that does Phase II. Period. Whistler WS-1040 for a handheld. WS-1065 for a base/mobile.
Both will work on the analog/conventional frequencies for either county. Plus will work well on the statewide VIPER system and Cleveland county's P-25 system.
Just my suggestion to keep it inexpensive for you.

Larry

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I was up in Rutherford County back in March.

They were not on Viper at that time.

The only thing that I was able to receive across Viper was:

Naturally the Highway Patrol

I was catching Mitchell County on Fire and Sheriff.

I had Rutherford, McDowell, Mitchell and Avery Counties in my radio.

Like I said before all I caught was McDowell Law and Mitchell County.

David

K4GED

OK at 2148 tonight the RC Sheriff Dispatcher on Freq 154.8450 replied to a caller that "they are all on viper"....
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to be able to monitor VIPER transmissions in Rutherford County NC??

I have just recently purchased a WS1040, and am in the 30 day trial period of Win500

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.