RWC interops/MA PSAP E&W ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg153wftx

searching around this evening hears a couple of BOLO/ATL communications. Just wondering what agencies use this ? east TG 2872 west TG 2852.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
All Phoenix metro area law enforcement agencies as well as Phoenix and Mesa Fire Dispatch centers use this to communicate mutual aid situations.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
PSAP is Public Safety Answering Point. These TGs are used between dispatchers of various agencies. They provide direct radio links from one agency to all others.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Hit and miss, just like anything else. It's not a constant hotspot of activity, but you will generally hear ATLs, BOLOs and the sort here first before they are sent out over agency dispatch channels, especially if they are area wide and not totally localized. Asset coordination can happen here too. I keep it in the list and active a lot.

KB7MIB

At one time, there were regular roll calls several times a day. I think the morning one included several agencies that weren't included in roll calls later in the day.

I don't listen to them any longer, because they don't seem to be carried on any of the IR sites, only the simulcast sites, which I can't receive.

John
Peoria

eg153wftx

John KB7MIB thanks for the reply getting off topic but what is the difference of an IR site and simulcast or a link I can read about this. I notice the IR sites near me but have been removing them from my fav lists.

Phoenix805

At one time, there were regular roll calls several times a day. I think the morning one included several agencies that weren't included in roll calls later in the day.

I don't listen to them any longer, because they don't seem to be carried on any of the IR sites, only the simulcast sites, which I can't receive.

John
Peoria

I used to hear the roll calls a lot but haven't heard them in awhile. I don't remember but I must have locked one of the TGs out.

BTW, I have 2872 as the 'old' Phx PD to all (not sure about a 'new' TG, and I have 2852 as the Mesa to all TG.

KB7MIB

John KB7MIB thanks for the reply getting off topic but what is the difference of an IR site and simulcast or a link I can read about this. I notice the IR sites near me but have been removing them from my fav lists.

An IR or IntelliRepeater High site is a stand-alone single site rather than a multiple location simulcast.

Very little law enforcement or fire/EMS communications are carried by them. (Peoria and Surprise PD's main dispatch A-1's are carried on the White Tank Mtn's IR. Phoenix PD's 200 A & B, as well as Scottsdale PD's A-2 North are carried on the Thompson Peak IR. Peoria PD A-1 and Phoenix FD K-1 & K-6 are carried at least part time on the Towers Mtn IR.) You will hear city services, the light rail, the community college district, etc. The G-deck, L-deck and Ocean deck interops are sometimes carried on the IR's, but not full time.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.