• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RX Data on p7100 display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXEMT

Had my radio on as usual and just happend to be looking at the screen and on the first line on top of the display which shows agency or system being monitored it flashed "RX Data" for about 5 seconds then went back to normal. Just curious as to what it means..Thanks in advance.

EDACSTECH

TXEMT said:
Had my radio on as usual and just happend to be looking at the screen and on the first line on top of the display which shows agency or system being monitored it flashed "RX Data" for about 5 seconds then went back to normal. Just curious as to what it means..Thanks in advance.

Several years ago, I used our EDACS system for a Police Mobile Data application with MDX radios in an "RF DATA" configuration. We had two MDX control stations with interface to a data host server and MDX mobile radios in our police vehicles. When the radio would receive a data message, the display showed "RX DATA" and when the mobile radio sent out data it showed "TX DATA". We no longer use this application and have never used 7100 radios for this purpose, I think, for some unknown reason, your radio acted like it was getting a data call.

TXEMT

Yeah that does make sense, we work off the system here in san antonio and alot of different agencies are having prolbems with the radios going to "CC Scan" and WA scan and locking on towers that are on the other side of the county and skipping the closest and strongest contol channel happens quite a few times durning a normal eight hour shift but then somedays radio is back to normal with the site romaning, so getting a random data call might be part of the radio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.