Tecsun S2000 manufacture discontinued

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Advice received today from Tecsun Australia:

We have an important announcement regarding the Tecsun S2000 Desktop Radio. The manufacturers, Tecsun have decided to discontinue the production of the Tecsun S-2000 model.

Tecsun Radios Australia have managed to secure the very last 40 units from production.

As of now, no replacement model has been unveiled, leaving the Tecsun S2000 Desktop Radio as a timeless classic with a classic military design.

Named the ultimate desktop listeners radio, this receiver boasts an array of remarkable features, including 240V mains operation with a linear power supply, an analogue "S" meter, VHF airband capabilities, and multiple external antenna connections for MW, SW, FM, and VHF air frequencies.
Other standout features encompass a directional LW/MW rotatable ferrite rod antenna, tone controls, RF gain control, line output for external amplifiers, squelch control, 455KHz IF output, and an impressive 1000-channel memory capacity.

Stay tuned for updates and take advantage of this limited opportunity to own one of these classic radios while stocks last.
Tecsun Radios Australia has a comprehensive stock of spare parts for this model so rest assured we will continue support for this model.

A good receiver. I had one and later sold it, then had regrets and bought another one :)

Will there be a replacement in due course? We'll have to wait and see.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I purchased the Grundig 750 (same receiver) at a steep discount when Radio Shack was going out of business. I returned it the next day. Anyways, I think they still make it using the Eaton brand name. If I was given one today, I would sell it and purchase an SDRplay device with whatever I could get for it.

I read they discontinued the Grundig 750 many years ago.

They’re a great looking radio. Never owned one myself but I almost bought one years ago. It must of been all the dials and knobs.

VK3RX, if I remember correctly there was a Grundig 750 forsale on our local classifieds awhile ago.

Last edited:

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Performance and usability-wise the S2000 is a step up from SW portables.

Appealing to a range of people, there was obviously a market for the series under various brands.

Clearly for serious listening the next step up is a communications receiver, amateur radio gear, SDR, whatever floats your boat.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I have an S-2000 in my kitchen. Mostly listen to local FM with it. I do occasionally scan the HF bands or listen to Aircraft frequencies.

WA8ZTZ

Hmmm... wonder if this means the 750 is going away (again). Known as the Grundig Satellit, it was gone for a while but returned in 2020 as the Eton Elite. It was reviewed in CQ September 2020 and QST April 2021. A large portable but not really a tabletop communications receiver, probably better described as a "porta-top". A fun radio for casual listening, easy to use, nice audio, and plenty sensitive but selectivity is only so-so.

wenzeslaus

who sent you that email? a salesman. even includes the sales pitch.

check with Tecsun yourself to see if it's true.

TAC4

There is one on eBay used for $979 CDN lol that's a steal (highway robbery). An SDR play
would destroy that radio on DX. Some poor noob will buy it to because of the looks (pretty like a ham rig). In my opinion those radios and copies of that model are worth $399 CDN new on a good day. Crazy folks would pay full retail for those models but hey it is your hard earned money.

Skippy 🇨🇦

W8WCA

Premium Subscriber
Anon-co shows the S2000 in stock and less than $300
It looks Like Universal-Radio has the Eton Elite 750 available
And it is back on Eton's Web site

It's like a yo-yo