SAC P25 System Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

eccradiotec

Hello:
Can you explain what is going on with the P-25 system and what will be heard. I have all three sites programmed with city and county talk groups. I get mixed results. I am hearing the A-1 And B-1 channel but hear very little command traffic of the units in the field. Is the system just a a simulcast dispatch side at this point or should we hear everything? Also, is there specific sits that go with city and county talk groups? If anyone knows the non published NAC I would appreciate it as well.

Thank You....

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
It's a transitional system from the analog system. Not all users have migrated. Not sure what you mean by non published NAC. A NAC isn't needed to monitor the system.

Sac916

I hear two way conversations on SO but only the dispatch side of fire

A-1 DSP A / B-1 DSP B are announce only.
Dispatches are basically repeated and discussed on A2/B2

You'll need to listen to all the other fire Talk Groups to hear the other traffic.

It can be quite a bit tricky for some to hear City Fire (B) Talk Groups. Mostly depends on how well you receive Site 001 control channel.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
SRRCS

Generally speaking you need to monitor the Sacramento City site to get fire B TG traffic and the Sacramento County site to get fire A TG traffic. Because it is a Smart system, if a radio becomes affiliated with the "other" site, then you'll hear A on the city and/or B on the county but this is not reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.