Sacramento FD Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

eme167

Anyone here know if Sac recently upgraded any repeater sites or other radio equipment?

Tonight, I've been picking up a few of their transmissions, yet I live in the SF Bay Area. One of their frequencies does match one I have programed into my radio but the PLL tones are completely different.

Sac916

Anyone here know if Sac recently upgraded any repeater sites or other radio equipment?

Tonight, I've been picking up a few of their transmissions, yet I live in the SF Bay Area. One of their frequencies does match one I have programed into my radio but the PLL tones are completely different.

What freq and PL tones? Sac City FD or Sac Metro FD?

eme167

I'm pretty sure this is Metro (SAC). The channel is 154.1900 the tone for them is 162.2 while I've got my radio set to 131.8

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I'm pretty sure this is Metro (SAC). The channel is 154.1900 the tone for them is 162.2 while I've got my radio set to 131.8

Are you sure it is a Sac area agency? (by locations, unit numbers, etc). I ask because a search of known uses of that frequency shows several others that are possible, including one that is closer to you (none match the CTCSS you heard though).

I ask because I would be surprised if Sac Regional Fire does a major upgrade to their VHF...they only use it for paging dispatches...all other traffic is on 800 TRS. I haven't heard any significant change in quality of traffic from my area.

Mendo County uses it as a tac for two areas, Stanislaus County uses it as a tac, and Santa Cruz County uses it as a repeated command net, plus others that are farther away.

Radiobern

Feed Provider

154.19 CTCSS 131.8 is Berkeley Fire dispatch. This is a rebroadcast of their EBRCS talkgroup while they finish transitioning to EBRCS. I suspect they will turn off the rebroadcast, just like Berkeley PD, when they are completely done.

Sac916

Are you sure it is a Sac area agency? (by locations, unit numbers, etc). I ask because a search of known uses of that frequency shows several others that are possible, including one that is closer to you (none match the CTCSS you heard though).

I ask because I would be surprised if Sac Regional Fire does a major upgrade to their VHF...they only use it for paging dispatches...all other traffic is on 800 TRS. I haven't heard any significant change in quality of traffic from my area.

Mendo County uses it as a tac for two areas, Stanislaus County uses it as a tac, and Santa Cruz County uses it as a repeated command net, plus others that are farther away.

I think it's been resolved by Radiobern

Anyways -
The closest Sac Metro freq/tower is FCC KMD625
Sacramento Metro Fire District Station 50
8830 Gerber Rd
Sacramento, California 95828

eme167

Yes I'm sure. I don't know of any other agencies that end their dispatch in operations office... And I'm only hearing the sole dispatch. Yet to hear a unit check in.

Sac916

Sac City FD and Sac Metro FD are part of the SRFECC http://www.srfecc.ca.gov/
SRFECC is a mulit-jurisdictional Fire/EMS dispatch center covering most of Sacramento County.

Sac City FD/EMS (153.8900) and Sac Metro FD/EMS (154.1900) both do their initial dispatch over conventional and the SRRCS (regional trunked radio system) - After the initial dispatch and tone out, responding Fire/EMS handle their traffic on the trunked radio system. The only time you'll hear Fire/EMS units on the conventional system is by accident. The conventional was kept after the trunked radio system went live around 1995. The conventional assists with tone-outs for mutual aid not part of the trunked radio system.

Sac County (conventional) database
Sacramento County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Sac Regional Radio Communications System - trunked radio
Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System (SRRCS) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies

eme167

Alright, thanks that explains alot. In the mean time I'm just going to switch to a smaller antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.