SAFE-T BCD396xt programming multi-sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
I apologize if this has already been asked....but. On the new BCD396xt, what exactly does multi-site programming on a system mean exactly? Does it mean that for example I can program the Seymour site and Brownstown site and Columbus site into one system and then add the 20 groups that I choose to it and the scanner will search through the three sites for activity? I know when I had the BCD396t (just sold it to upgrade to the xt) you could only program in one site per system. So in my example, I could only program in one set of frequencies for the Seymour site and then add groups to that. So I'm setting up Freescan before my new scanner gets here and am wondering on how to best program it. Was wondering how the scanner will behave with multiple sites in one system.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The simple answer to your question is "yes", I can't speak for Freescan, but with ProScan and a BCD996T (which has multisite features similar to the BCD396XT), that's exactly how it works.

jclarkr6

You seem to understand the basic concept of the multi-site programming. However, I did want to point out that you do not have to scan/search all the sites in a system, you can turn the individual sites in a system on and off using SQK's (it stands for System Quick Keys, although it's more like Site Quick Keys when using them with trunked systems). One of the things that I really like about the multi-site programming is that it allows the user to save memory because it allows the user to program in talkgroups to a system and the user can use those talkgroups for every site in the system. While I have only owned the BCD396XT and not the BCD396T, it is my understanding that with the "T" model the user had to program in talkgroups for every single site. The multi-site programming really conserves memory compared to the single site programming. Enjoy your 396XT, I thought mine performed well on the SAFE-T system when I took it to Indiana.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks for the input. Great thing about the hobby is I guess that you're free to experiment and try new things. With the computer software, life is much easier in that regards. I tell you what though, my new scanner isn't here yet and I feel naked without it. lol The roads were super slick and bad this morning in central Indiana and I really missed not knowing what was going on around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.