Saint John NB Talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelross83

Premium Subscriber
How long til the talk groups for Saint John Public Safety are posted? FD was doing a test of it a few moments ago, station by station. They were simulbroadcasting on both current and new and mentioned "Test of new TMR Radio System".

I'll admit I don't know how this works (Where the tallest and frequency list comes from to post here, so please excuse me if this post seems a bit ignorant. Just curious.

BC_Scan

better get on the learning train, sounds like your area will switch over anytime soon, If it were me I would be examining if my scanner will do Phase 1 700/mhz,
TGs are posted hear by people that take initiative, they listen they write down, they figure out here what they can and cannot do with their scanner.
This forum database is fundamentally driven by others like you that are interested in what is going on around them, first you will need to tell us which scanner you have than you can proceed with figuring out the rest.
Mean while if you have not figured out if this is the target database to listen to look here:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7924

michaelross83

Premium Subscriber
My scanner already does this, I've been programming RPSRN already. I'm just waiting for the Saint John talk groups to be listed and how Radio Reference gets this info.

ecps92

RR gets the info, for local users [like yourself] who will dedicate sometime to monitoring the system and figuring out who each TG belongs to, then making a DB submission to share with others.
My scanner already does this, I've been programming RPSRN already. I'm just waiting for the Saint John talk groups to be listed and how Radio Reference gets this info.

michaelross83

Premium Subscriber
RR gets the info, for local users [like yourself] who will dedicate sometime to monitoring the system and figuring out who each TG belongs to, then making a DB submission to share with others.

Thank you! Ok, that answers my questions.

michaelross83

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that. I currently have my Whistler WS1065 in Search mode on the 700mhz band to try to suss out the talk groups if possible. I have found FD Dispatch traffic.

michaelross83

Premium Subscriber
I'm able to search for them using wildcard, so there's that at least, until the talkgroups are published. I cannot get anything to display while channel in use that will tell me the details, but I can hear SJFD again so there's that.

mciupa

Database Admin
I wish I could help. A few years ago, I was DB Admin in New Brunswick. I can't see if anyone has submitted any information. The local DB Admin's have not checked in this month so they are unaware if there is updating to be done.

"If" there is something outstanding, a Global DB Admin will see updates to be made and get them published for you. If not, consider submitting the information yourself with accurate descriptions of the talkgroup usage.

michaelross83

Premium Subscriber
Though I can hear the chatter, I cannot seem to find the info on my scanner display that identifies what I would need to supply as a possible submission. But, My needs are satisfied for the moment (Hearing SJFD).

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Any Updates?

I’ll be in Eastport ME next week and was wondering if there are any talkgroup ID’s for Saint John that have been discovered yet. I’ve picked up the old 800 system from time to time in Eastport depending on conditions and location and I can receive several towers on the Maritimes system.

Status
Not open for further replies.