Salida-Chaffee Law 'quiet' (er) lately. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblondeau

Chaffee County - last three weeks (m/l) I've noticed a lot less traffic on DTR from Chaffee County Sheriff's people and Salida PD in particular. Some traffic, yes, but greatly dimished. Always makes you wonder if it's your own radio and not the DTR system, so I've checked and nothing's amiss that I can see, but have they switched to other freq's? Or what? Are they doing a lot more cell calls? TI've seen other agencies coming off the BVCF, Methodist, and Poncha towers. So I don't know. Just wondering.

mic16

From where I'm located (near Wal Mart) Salida is very active. I hear all the activity through the Poncha Springs radio site (2-069). Methodist is geographically closer, but I am in its shadow and can barely hear the data channel.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Chaffee County - last three weeks (m/l) I've noticed a lot less traffic on DTR from Chaffee County Sheriff's people and Salida PD in particular. Some traffic, yes, but greatly dimished. Always makes you wonder if it's your own radio and not the DTR system, so I've checked and nothing's amiss that I can see, but have they switched to other freq's? Or what? Are they doing a lot more cell calls? TI've seen other agencies coming off the BVCF, Methodist, and Poncha towers. So I don't know. Just wondering.

Are you by chance using a GRE or Radio Shack scanner? If so, why not run Pro96Com on the control channel you normally listen to to see the actual decode rate and activity for all users of that site...

Status
Not open for further replies.