Salinas area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone.

Curious if there are any members in the Salinas area who monitor various agencies? I recently moved here from Los Angeles county, and although I see a few various agencies such a Police, I am a bit confused. Is it really this bare out here? In LA we had West Valley Division, Van Nuys Division, etc. Including various tactical frequencies as well as swat, detectives etc.

Here, I see Salinas PD, and not sure where or what the tacticals etc are. Anyone that monitors or who understands everything Salinas has to offer can help decipher some of the information I may need, or to confirm I'm not missing much here?

-Rylak

Hi everyone.

Curious if there are any members in the Salinas area who monitor various agencies? I recently moved here from Los Angeles county, and although I see a few various agencies such a Police, I am a bit confused. Is it really this bare out here? In LA we had West Valley Division, Van Nuys Division, etc. Including various tactical frequencies as well as swat, detectives etc.

Here, I see Salinas PD, and not sure where or what the tacticals etc are. Anyone that monitors or who understands everything Salinas has to offer can help decipher some of the information I may need, or to confirm I'm not missing much here?

-Rylak

I listen all the time... tacticals are side channels use for unit to unit or car to car and records without interrupting the main dispatch channel. Salinas goes by north,south.east,west and are all dispatch on one channel.

KJ6VIP

Premium Subscriber
tacticals are side channels use for unit to unit or car to car and records...

Ok so "all" of Salinas PD use the 460.17500 Dispatch? Is the VHF link shown as 152.13500 the same as the above? This is whats a little confusing with me. Car to Car then duplicated with a VHF link on different frequency. Forgive my ignorance, it's been about 5+ years since I last programmed a scanner.

Could I PM you for more specifics things and or for clarity?

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Salinas PD is on UHF. Monterey SO is on VHF-Hi. While not formally confirmed (just informally discussed), these appears to be that area's beginnings of interoperability, where SO units can talk to PD units.

Salinas is the only city in Monterey county thats on UHF a few years ago the county install cross band repeaters so other agencies can interop with them. They are in the first stage of working on the p25 trunked VHF network with a conventional analog system overlay and 700 MHz sub-system.

LowBat

Premium Subscriber
I was in Monterey for several months and the one frequency that never had any activity was Del Rey Oaks PD. Anyone know if this channel was dropped?

155.8050 is listd as Soledad public works. Monterey airport PD is listed as 158.9250. If you're right ScannerDude244, then the RR database needs updating,[/QUOT

I keep forgetting to submit it! I don't know why but soledad and Monterrey airport and hollister fire all use it with the same PL tone, but they use low power on the repeaters.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
If you can consolidate the above into a submission, I'd be happy to make the changes ASAP. :)

LowBat

Premium Subscriber
If you can consolidate the above into a submission, I'd be happy to make the changes ASAP. :)
Not to stray too far off topic, but if you're making changes ASAP perhaps you could look into a submission I made a month ago. The ticket number is 117971. So far I don't see anything happening with it. I have more submissions to make if they will be put to use.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Not to stray too far off topic, but if you're making changes ASAP perhaps you could look into a submission I made a month ago. The ticket number is 117971. So far I don't see anything happening with it. I have more submissions to make if they will be put to use.

I thought this message was directed at me personally, so I looked up your submission and it says "Owned by kma371." Might want to ask him?

norcalbusa

155.8050 is listd as Soledad public works. Monterey airport PD is listed as 158.9250. If you're right ScannerDude244, then the RR database needs updating,[/QUOT

I keep forgetting to submit it! I don't know why but soledad and Monterrey airport and hollister fire all use it with the same PL tone, but they use low power on the repeaters.

I don't think Hollister Fire uses a PL at all. Tell me what ya think it is and I will test it.

It should be146.2. My dad who works for Soledad public works is always telling me that hollister fire is always on their channel, but he doesn't know much about radios. Like I said they use very very low power on their repeaters.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Salinas is the only city in Monterey county thats on UHF a few years ago the county install cross band repeaters so other agencies can interop with them. They are in the first stage of working on the p25 trunked VHF network with a conventional analog system overlay and 700 MHz sub-system.

Thanks ScannerDude, is this a county-wide VHF system or just Salinas?

Well the county runs all radio communication for cities and county. From what I read and heard Salinas is going to be on a 700mhz sub system and the Monterey peninsula cities will also be a 700mhz system and the rest of the county will be on a VHF system and the conventional analog will be a back up and for out of county agencies. And they will be getting those multiband radios from Harris

and that's my 1k post! I love this site! ;)

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Well the county runs all radio communication for cities and county. From what I read and heard Salinas is going to be on a 700mhz sub system and the Monterey peninsula cities will also be a 700mhz system and the rest of the county will be on a VHF system and the conventional analog will be a back up and for out of county agencies. And they will be getting those multiband radios from Harris

and that's my 1k post! I love this site! ;)

Okay - I am going to make you pop 1001.... Fire in this area will remain VHF-Hi in alignment with the majority of the state?

Okay - I am going to make you pop 1001.... Fire in this area will remain VHF-Hi in alignment with the majority of the state?

Yeah they will stay on VHF p25 trunking. Like I said they will have multiband radios from Harris that will do vhf,700-800,UHF p25 trunking and analog conventional

norcalbusa

It should be146.2. My dad who works for Soledad public works is always telling me that hollister fire is always on their channel, but he doesn't know much about radios. Like I said they use very very low power on their repeaters.

Just punched it in side by side, I'll let ya know!

Status
Not open for further replies.