Salinas ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Monterey County has a P25 phase 1 700MHz system. Best way to listen to that is with a P25 capable scanner.
They do still use VHF pretty heavily. You can program the VHF frequencies into your new dual band radio to listen in on those.

Not sure what the status is on the 700MHz P25 system. Last time I was down at their shop, it was running, but in a limited way. Not sure they've ever really put it to full use. It's been "in process" for a long time now.

Frequencies for all the Monterey County agencies can be found here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=209 and Monterey County Public Safety System Trunking System, Salinas, California - Scanner Frequencies

I have 4 sites log already but the problem is they keep changing the frequencies at the sites. They did a test last week it sounded nice both on VHF and 700mhz. they're going to do a another test some time next week. I need help logging the sites on the peninsula if anyone can help me out that would be nice.And Salinas PD said they want to go encrypted so don't be surprised.

Stealthguy05

Any talk group information from the logs? Are they following the BayRICS plan ie Calling and Interop 1-5?

KeithKenobi

Premium Subscriber
I'm interested in sharing info for the Monterey-Santa Cruz area. Is there a group? Or interest in forming one? Would that work better than random threads? Or?
Keith in Soquel

I Would make a thread on the Santa Cruz area. Monterrey what did you got? just post it here i'm going to make a thread for Monterey County P25 thread once the systems get's closer to getting ready.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm interested in sharing info for the Monterey-Santa Cruz area. Is there a group? Or interest in forming one? Would that work better than random threads? Or?
Keith in Soquel

I'd suggest starting a new thread.

Also, I'm the telecom/radio engineer for UCSC and live in Watsonville, so I'd be happy to offer up what I have that can be shared. I went through the Santa Cruz County database page a few years back and had them bring it up to match the most recent data. Should still be pretty close.

Delivers1234

I Would make a thread on the Santa Cruz area. Monterrey what did you got? just post it here i'm going to make a thread for Monterey County P25 thread once the systems get's closer to getting ready.

Please start a new thread. It's good to know others around the area have interest. I'm just starting in ham. I was originally asking because I heard the repeater club has a p25 system where they use HTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.