Saltgrass System Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamafever86

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what happen to the Saltgrass Link System that was steaming live on RR? It is gone now. I really enjoyed listening to them.

emd001

Word around the campfire is some of the Houston repeaters lost their antenna space (building owners told them to remove their equipment). Last I heard some of the repeaters in the system have been unlinked and will remain that way until the Houston repeaters are brought back online. The local repeater for me was constantly being unlinked by a local ham who apparently doesn't like the system coming across that repeater so I cant say whether any repeaters are linked or not. To answer the direct question, the streamer was having too much interference and decided to take his stream down.

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
wx net on 1-25-12

after hearing how people bypassed the weather net and decided to ragchew on the repeater damn well knowing that they had a net going...they should leave the system off for good..made us all sound and look stupid...
sorry but i have to vent...cause that was as retarded as it gets..
and to report weather as..."its raining"....OMG..what a circus

cellblock776

If you are asking about the audio feed, I don't know anything about it.
If you are asking about the Saltgrass linked repeater system itself, it's still running as far as I can tell. I've been making QSOs through it on my commutes to and from work. Just this morning I heard a ham in Tyler Tx talking with another just outside of Alexandria, La and pulled over and made contact via the KD5KNZ repeater here in Baton Rouge, La. Spoke with a female ham near Hoston, Tx as I drove through midcity Baton Rouge last week. The system is still operating.

Status
Not open for further replies.