• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

SAME/Weather alert during Tuesday's storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not a big thing for you veteran storm chaser but today's storm heralded the first time I ever received a SAME/weather warning on my PSR500. I was sitting at my desk at work in Boston, put it into weather priority, and a few minutes later it just stopped the thing cold--red and yellow LCD flashing, beeps, and the big warning message--it was really cool. Not that I'm a big fan of dangerous storms or anything, but I was never really sure how serious the weather needed to be before one of these things would go off...and now I realize it doesn't have to be tornado weather.

Suzie

Suzie

mrsvensven

Premium Subscriber
There is an alert for every weather statement made by the NWS. Yesterday they issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the region, and there were several severe thunderstorm warnings. Here in Worcester county I recieved an alert for the severe thunderstorm watch and two severe thunderstorm warnings.

If I am scanning my public safety and a SAME alert is activated will it kick in or do I have to be in Wx mode? I have always wondered this.

Status
Not open for further replies.