SAME/Weather alert during Tuesday's storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisindot

Maybe not a big thing for you veteran storm chaser but today's storm heralded the first time I ever received a SAME/weather warning on my PSR500. I was sitting at my desk at work in Boston, put it into weather priority, and a few minutes later it just stopped the thing cold--red and yellow LCD flashing, beeps, and the big warning message--it was really cool. Not that I'm a big fan of dangerous storms or anything, but I was never really sure how serious the weather needed to be before one of these things would go off...and now I realize it doesn't have to be tornado weather.

Suzie

Suzie

mrsvensven

There is an alert for every weather statement made by the NWS. Yesterday they issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the region, and there were several severe thunderstorm warnings. Here in Worcester county I recieved an alert for the severe thunderstorm watch and two severe thunderstorm warnings.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Not every statement - every 'inclement weather' product.

Smerri

If I am scanning my public safety and a SAME alert is activated will it kick in or do I have to be in Wx mode? I have always wondered this.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No - for SAME you MUST be in dedicated weather mode. No scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.