Samsung S8 cell phone drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrboy

Bought a new Samsung S8 cell phone on Black Friday. From the get-go it stopped receiving after about 5 minutes. Can manually re-start each time but process repeats itself. At other times, clock continues to run as if it's receiving, but it isn't. Re-starting works, but the approximate 5-minute issue begins again. Suggestions appreciated.

Mr. Blanton replied yesterday on Broadcastify Support "We made some adjustments yesterday to the servers - can you check to see if this has been resolved?" I checked but the radio stopped receiving within 5 minutes - ScannerLive on my computer, sitting next to the phone, continued to receive. Anyone here have suggestions?

CaptMike2

I have a Note 8 and had the same problem. Go into the app settings, got to player settings and checkmark the box that says "Keep Screen on". What I figured out the phone was going into hibernation mode after a few mins stopping everything.

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
I'm having the same problem on several different android devices. Has anyone found a fix other than leaving the screen on? Don't really want to do that and drain my battery needlessly.

fyrboy

I installed Scanner Radio and reception is fine. Not trying to be offensive - I've had the phone since Black Friday trying to solve this. Short of eliminating "our pretty simple Android one," folks should be openly told about the "better more full featured" Scanner Radio, in case they have problems - or maybe it's already out there and it's my fault for not seeing it. 6 weeks of needless frustration. :confused::rolleyes:

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
I have an S8+ and I've noticed that Samsung (or maybe it's Android, I upgraded from an S5 so I was a few versions behind lol) has gotten very aggressive at putting apps and services to sleep in order to maximize battery life. It likes to turn off the WiFi and stop background data after the screen times out. You have to change the "Keep WiFi on during sleep" setting to Always, and then go into the Apps list, and under the app you want click Battery, then Optimize battery usage, then turn OFF optimization for that app.

Status
Not open for further replies.