San Antonio - Bexar County scanner communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

suttles1972

The last post I read was in 2005 regarding the San Antonio - Bexar County EDACS Provoice. The information was extremely informative but left me with a desire to ask anyway, what may be deemed, redundant. Next year, I will be in town for a Trapeze software conference, with my wife. This conference has little to do with me and everything to do with my wife, so I am along for the ride as a support. But being a firefighter, I'm always curious to know how my brethren firefighters communicate while answering there rolls. I carry a Uniden 396XT and a Home Patrol for such pleasure. My question: Has the SAFD been affected by the Provoice data, preventing me from listen to calls? Based on the information, I believe I know the answer. But since the information was last noted in 2005, I just like to know if any changes have occur since the systems inception. In addition, are any fire or public safety comms available beside those used on the Bexar County system.
Thanks in advance.

I have a pro 106 digital scanner and i cant hear them. the only thing i can hear is the bexar county fire alarm dispatch and the surrounding counties but nothing on the bexar county provoice system.

mattcsx

I have a 396 xt as well and I visited relatives last week in SA and I couldn't hear anything on the SAFD. I did hear the surrounding FDs, but not San Antonio. Its too bad.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Most all of the public safety communications on the SA/Bexar County system are provoice, infact some old analog talkgroups have be turned provoice digital since the rebanding, Bexar county fire is analog along with public works and a few mixed mode talkgrops which come and go analog..The Live Oak system is all analog and covers most of the small towns on the NE side of the city. But as far as SAFD we are all out of luck. There are are a few small towns that are still on vhf that are in the database

Status
Not open for further replies.